Bins Clip thumbnail image from selection in out ?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mp14mp14

Bins Clip thumbnail image from selection in out ?

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi People, maybe is a dumb question but I couldn't figure out yet.

I'm new to davinci, old video editor but just switching to resolve. I couldn't find a way to show the clips inside a bin with a frame from the selection range of the clip instead of the first frame or last frame I scrubed. is there a way to achieve this in resolve?

I usually make a quick preselection in a full camera timeline then drag and drop that selection to different bins my goal is to be able to see the first frame of each cut on each clip. I found this method very useful to quickly see all the cuts. but davinci is showing me first frame on every clip so if there 5 clips that were splited from a original footage this 5 clips shows the same first frame on each clip...
what I want is all those 5 clips to show the first frame of the cut (the in)

Thanks

Hector Berrebi

Re: Bins Clip thumbnail image from selection in out ?

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 5:32 pm

mp14mp14 wrote:Hi People, maybe is a dumb question but I couldn't figure out yet.

I'm new to davinci, old video editor but just switching to resolve. I couldn't find a way to show the clips inside a bin with a frame from the selection range of the clip instead of the first frame or last frame I scrubed. is there a way to achieve this in resolve?

Hey Mariano

Skim/scrub the thumbnail video to the desired frame.
Right click the choose Set Poster Frame

Enjoy :)
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

mp14mp14

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Thanks Hector,

I knew about that way to change the thumbnail, but I got around 100 clips per bin. I was wondering if there is an automatic way to switch the thubnail to the in point of each clip

freshman

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 7:46 pm

Hello, yes, we are trying to figure this out as well. ...

We have a bin of selected clips. But the thumbnails all show the first frame of their PARENT clip. - So it's not helpful visually to glance through the bin and pick a select to work with.

Is there a way to change this? ...to see the thumbnail as the IN POINT instead?

Thank you!!

Return to DaVinci Resolve