XML into Resolve from PluralEyes and Multicam

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Adam Berch

XML into Resolve from PluralEyes and Multicam

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 4:27 pm

HI,

I'm using Davinci Resolve 14 on an iMac.

I needed to sync two cameras with an external microphone that was shot last week.

I opened a new sequence and put Camera 1 on Video and Audio 1-I put Camera 2 on Video and Audio 2 - and I put the external Audio onto Audio 3. I exported it as an XML file and imported it into PluralEyes 3.5. I synced it up and it worked fine. I then imported it back into Davinci Resolve, but the audio would not play on the synced timeline in Davinci Resolve.

Why didn't the audio play?

Then I did the following:

I opened a new sequence and put Camera 1 on Video and Audio 1-I put Camera 2 on Video and Audio 2 - and I put the external Audio onto Audio 3. I exported it as an XML file and imported it into PluralEyes 3.5. I synced it up and it worked fine. I opened the XML file in Premiere Pro CC. Then I immediately exported the XML out of Premiere Pro. as an XML file. I imported that into Davinci Resolve and it worked fine. Audio was playing.

Is this how I have to do it from now on?

Also, Now that I got it synced and audio is playing in Resolve, How can I make it into a multicam so I can start to edit it?

Thanks in advance.

Return to DaVinci Resolve