Need Help! Project keeps crashing, cant work.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael McCaffrey

Need Help! Project keeps crashing, cant work.

PostFri Mar 09, 2018 11:30 pm

I have an audio clip I cannot place another clip over it or Resolve crashes and I cannot delete it and even if I unlink the the clip to the source and rename the source .mp3 file, I still cannot delete the clip from the Resolve sequence or anything -- Resolve crashes (gets a beach ball). Also tried removing the clip from the media pool, then deleting it from the sequence still -- crashes. Restarted the computer, still crashes. Ive had it crash now 10-12 times in a row, without fail. I need help fixing this so I can rescue my project!

The problem file is the "Fire sound effects [High Quality].mp3"

SOLVED:

I had reset the EQ settings and volume, but saw that I had missed an effect on the clip. There was an "AULowPass" effect on the clip. Deleted that, then I was able to delete the clip from the sequence. So that AULowPass effect is problematic! Please fix! :)

IMG_0808.jpg
IMG_0808.jpg (387.37 KiB) Viewed 539 times
Configuration:
Resolve Studio (Always the Latest)
Windows 11 Pro Workstation
32 Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 256GB RAM
RTX 4090
RTX 3090
100G NAS
(1) 32" Ultra-Wide Display, (1) 4K 27” Display

Chris Holmes

Re: Need Help! Project keeps crashing, cant work.

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 1:27 am

I had this same issue, with 3rd party vst plugins. Trying to move or delete clips with the plugins on them would crash or lock Davinci. Even after solving that my project still had some lag issues as well, not sure if somehow the plugin issues were a catalyst of that, but exporting and then importing the project fixed the lag issues.
System Info
Resolve Studio 14.3
Windows 10 Pro version 1709
SuperMicro 7048GR-TR
Dual 18 Core / 4x 1080ti / Cubix Xpndr

Return to DaVinci Resolve