Losing source timecode when exporting individual clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

TomFrank

Losing source timecode when exporting individual clips

PostSun Mar 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently shot my first short film. We used an Arri Alexa Plus and anamorphic lenses with ProRes 4444.

I imported the material into Resolve 14.3.0.014, desqueezed it properly, put it in a timeline and delivered it so that I can use it in Avids Media Composer for editing. I used the Avid AAF preset and told Resolve to make individual clips and use the source name only. My problem now is that every time I export the material Resolve is changing the timecode. For example:

Source TC: 02:41:30:16
Clip TC: 05:23:01:07

With the new timecode I won't be able to reconnect my edit with the source material for DI and everything else. When I check the manual Resolve should bake in the source tc into the files.

My question is why is Resolve not doing what its supposed to do and where in the rather simple workflow do I make a mistake?

@ADMINS: I posted that topic on Friday and it got approved. But after I changed some spelling mistakes it went offline again for approval and I guess got lost in Nirvana. Thats why I'm posting again.

TomFrank

Re: Losing source timecode when exporting individual clips

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 8:58 am

Since it unfortunately took some time to get the post online I think I found a solution by now. I tried to export the clips not with the "Avid AAF" preset but the "custom" preset and the same settings and now the timecode of the new clips is the same as the source timecode of my master clips. I´ll try some more clips but it seems that made the difference.

Return to DaVinci Resolve