Davinci Resolve 14 BETA to FULL

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MartinVidic

Davinci Resolve 14 BETA to FULL

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi. Can you still use Davinci 14 STUDIO Full with the dongle, or do you have to turn your dongle into a regular license now? I remember there was talk about this when 14 was announced.

And did anybody have trouble with existing projects when updating BETA to FULL?
I want to upgrade because there is a bug with the transitions in my current beta version.
Thanx!

Reynaud Venter

Re: Davinci Resolve 14 BETA to FULL

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Still using a dongle here.

It may be worth reading through the “UPDATE Activation License Key and Dongle Update” sticky:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=64727

No issues with Projects, even after a few database updates between releases.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

daniel_f_o

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 pm

I just switched from Beta to Studio. Back up your database first in the Beta. There is a a small box with an arrow pointing upwards in the top left of the project manager that says 'back up'. Once backed up you can uninstall Da Vinci BETA and install your Da Vinci Studio. All your projects should still be there without bringing that back up in just do that as a precaution. It should notify you with something like 'upgrade database' as the database is highlighted in yellow. Click Upgrade and straight away your projects will appear [VICTORY HAND]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartinVidic

PostThu Mar 15, 2018 4:14 am

Ok. Upgraded, all good, no problems. THANAX !!!

Return to DaVinci Resolve