Text/title save as template

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DavidU

Text/title save as template

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi, I`m trying to find if in Davinci is something very usable for me, what Premiere and Vegas have for years but can`t find in Davinci and this is "text/title save as template" so I can use it in different projects...simple drag it from text template window to new timeline over general video timeline and voila, text (domain name) is in place and I just can hit "render".

It`s really not here or I`m just blind?

Thanks a lot for help

Sam Steti

Re: Text/title save as template

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 4:23 pm

Hey,
It's not here this way... But it's here :)
Simply make your title, then drag it to your media pool for example, and then into a Power Bin. This latter is a bin made to find stuff in every projects...
Read the manual about it...
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

DavidU

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Thank you for reply, Sam!

I`ve tried this with Smart Bin, but I was not able to drag to Smart bin, only in Master bin and after closing project and open new one, there was nothing under Master bin :(

Sam Steti

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Not "smart", "power" bin... Probably just above in the bin list...
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

DavidU

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Haha thanks a lot! Had to go to "View" and check to see this Power bin... not very intuitive, but finaly got it.

And have to post one enhancement in future version - if I add there 5 text`s these all have unchangable name "Text"... (in each is different text for different timeline, so it`s not very comfortable)

DavidU

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm

So, it works BUT.. this text track added this way (Power bin) act strange.. it shuffling on the track and final track was rendered as 23.98 instead of 25 (which in this case was even not selectable)...strange.

So finally I figured out to put all these titles into one "not visible track" and duplicating this project and always picking right text into visible track :))) well it`s not ideal but it work.

bounceHouse

PostSun Jun 28, 2020 6:49 pm

I add this to save others trouble: at least with Resolve 16.2.3, I could drag a text object to a power bin ONLY if I did not have cross-dissolves hanging off the side of it.

For example:
* if a text object dissolved to adjacent objects on its video row, then it would drag to the bin correctly.
* If I had a text object on a video row, with cross-dissolves added but no adjacent object on that row... when I drag the text object and drop it nothing happens.
However, when I look closely at the drag before I drop it... it says "cross dissolve" even though what I have selected and am dragging is definitely the text object, not the dissolve. Seems like a bug, but able to side step it here.
PC Win 10 Pro, 64GB ram; NVidia 522.30; dual monitor; RTX 3080 (10GB); auto/CUDA processing mode; SSD cache, separate SSD for data; Davinci Studio 18.6.6 build

Return to DaVinci Resolve