animating titles - not working

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

paulhein

animating titles - not working

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Please be patient - I'm sure I am making a silly mistake.

I'm simply trying to animate a title - I want a question mark to zoom out, simple as that.

I go to my text inspector, select text, then select the transform tool, and insert a keyframe. I then move along the clip, zoom out the question mark, and insert another keyframe.
When I play back, all I get is a clip which shows the last transform I applied - not the zoom I require.

I KNOW I'm doing something stupid.

Paul H

John Paines

Re: animating titles - not working

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 2:02 pm

It's a bit complicated, at present. Make a compound clip of the title you want to transform. Go to the color page, open the keyframe panel, open and activate sizing keyframes in the node where you want the transform. Then use the "zoom" control on the input sizing panel. At the head frame of the clip, make an adjustment of "zoom" to activate the first keyframe (then return it to 1.0). Then set whatever other keyframes you want.

paulhein

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 3:48 pm

John, I'll try. thanks for the clear explanation

Spencer_Meyer

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 8:10 pm

I think the problem is you're accidentally deleting the second keyframe. When you reposition the title the second keyframe should automatically be created, when you click the button it is deleting it.
DaVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

John Paines

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Spencer is right! You don't have to go through the contortions I detailed above. Use the zoom control in conjunction with keyframes in the Inspector.

Just make sure that your starting key frame is actually recorded as a keyframe -- fiddle with the zoom control with the "diamond" selected (orange in color), then return to 1.

Return to DaVinci Resolve