Cache Issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Danielrutledge

Cache Issues

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 5:10 pm

I have set Render Cache>User and then selected all video files and set to Render Cache Clip>On. The problem I am having is that only transitions and composites are being identified as needing a render. I've focused on one clip in particular and just loaded it down with grading and OFX, and it still won't identify as needing to render. In the past (on other systems and previous versions of 14) Resolve would Cache Render anything it couldn't play back, even unaltered h.264 (which it couldn't interpret quickly enough).

I have tried going into Project Settings and turning off Automatically Render Transitions and Composites, but that just means nothing gets rendered.

I have searched the forum for about half an hour and couldn't find this particular issue.

System

MBP 15 Retina Mid 2014
2.5 GHz i7
16GB RAM
Nvidia GT 750M 2 GB
Running OSX 10.13.3
DaVinci Resolve Studio 14.3.0.014

Danielrutledge

Re: Cache Issues

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 6:11 pm

Just an update. As a workaround I have created an empty text layer above everything. This forces the entire timeline to render and playback is fine with rendered files. If I make changes on the color page, it seems like I need to flip back to the edit page for the auto render to update.

Return to DaVinci Resolve