New user motion templates

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

StevenCor

New user motion templates

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 9:59 am

Hello,

So I am currently choosing between FCPX and DaVinci Resolve (I just canceled my Creative Cloud subscription). DaVinci looks like the better choice but I am a bit nervous about motion templates. Cause I never learned AE or Motion so it would be a cool solution to just download everything I need. Is there a shop where I can get everything for Fusion or is there a way to convert motion/AE to Fusion?

Hector Berrebi

Re: New user motion templates

PostFri Mar 23, 2018 7:19 am

StevenCor wrote:Hello,

So I am currently choosing between FCPX and DaVinci Resolve (I just canceled my Creative Cloud subscription). DaVinci looks like the better choice but I am a bit nervous about motion templates. Cause I never learned AE or Motion so it would be a cool solution to just download everything I need. Is there a shop where I can get everything for Fusion or is there a way to convert motion/AE to Fusion?

Hey Steven

By "motion templates" you mean Apple Motion? in that case most probably not. In AE's case too, to my best knowledge.
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Sam Steti

PostFri Mar 23, 2018 9:23 am

Hey Steven,
Just my 2cts about your concerns : I decided - x years ago now - to switch from FCP7 to Resolve and to get rid of the Apple guidance (which tells you how to work, what to do and when etc...) and therefore not follow the FCPX track, BUT I'm still on Motion for a couple of files on almost all my projects (titles, animated graphics,...).
So I can understand your concern, but finally you will realize that 90% of FCPX templates are also usable on Motion.
Regardless to the fact you'd better learn, if you plan to stick to templates only, I can tell you Motion is enough, at least I can tell I've been working on Resolve/Motion (+ Fusion/Mocha) for years now...
But no, no possible conversion. Maybe exchanging shapes or tracked paths, not more.
Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 1SSD for system, 2 SSDs raid0 for footage and caches, OSX ElCap and Sierra, Resolve 14 Studio

Jim Simon

PostFri Mar 23, 2018 3:53 pm

StevenCor wrote:Is there a shop where I can get everything for Fusion or is there a way to convert motion/AE to Fusion?

That's probably better asked in the Fusion forum.

Return to DaVinci Resolve