XML import only allowing certain mp4 files to link

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

indepthangler

XML import only allowing certain mp4 files to link

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 10:46 am

Hi Guys,

Very new to Resolve, trying to get a xml import from Premiere pro to load correctly in resolve.

I am able to place all my footage (a mixture of phone, drone and Sony a7rii, and After effects mp4 files) into the media pool, and these files play fine in the video viewer.

But only the sony mp4's do not seem to want to relink in my timeline, all the other files are fine.

Am i missing something? the option to "find in media pool" doesn't seem to open when I click on it either.

Any suggestions?

Software and hardware listed below:

Premiere pro cs6
davinci resolve 14.3.0.014
2017 MBP with OS 10.13.3

bwhip42

Re: XML import only allowing certain mp4 files to link

PostWed Jun 20, 2018 6:29 pm

I have run into the same problem with footage from my Sony a7rii. Won't let me relink. Files upload fine on their own but an XML from FCPX just wont seem to work... I have tried and read everything. Calling customer support they wont talk to me unless I be the studio version. Well fat chance of that if I can't even get the free version to read the files from my camera... Let me know if you find anything.

Uli Plank

Re: XML import only allowing certain mp4 files to link

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 4:17 am

Did you activate Timecode for that camera?
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Return to DaVinci Resolve