Replacing/Overwriting Freeze Frames with Freeze Frames

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jack Lark

Replacing/Overwriting Freeze Frames with Freeze Frames

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Is this even possible or am I asking for the moon here?

I'm working on a project that will involve taking a lot of visually identical still frames from video clips of different lengths* and arranging them in the same way. I'd like to create a template which has the arrangement already done and I can just replace the old frames with the new ones.
I'm still pretty new to Resolve, but from what I can tell, it isn't respecting my in-out marks when I perform an overwrite/replace operation using a freeze frame as the source. The newly inserted clip is from an arbitrary** part of the full video, and not frozen.

It's already time-consuming enough to seek out all the frames I want to freeze, I'd rather not have to type out the same handful of values into the same handful of boxes 16 times every time, even if it's easy.
Using v14.0.1.008

*My target moves the same way every time, but it's still a human pressing "record".
**I've seen it pull from both the end and the beginning of different videos, but wherever it grabs from is consistent for that video. Using a freeze frame from earlier or later in the video as a source has the exact same result.

Return to DaVinci Resolve