DJI Mavic footage not displaying correctly (Resolve 14 Stud)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

nykren

DJI Mavic footage not displaying correctly (Resolve 14 Stud)

PostMon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 am

EDIT: It was just me being sloppy, turns out the previous machine was running 14.3 hence causing this weird artefact. Updated the new workstation and it works flawlessly. Leaving the rest of the post in case someone else runs into this foolish problem :)

Hello there,

I migrated a project from one workstation to another where everything has worked flawlessly unless one seemingly random quirk. A selected few Mavic clips are being displayed as the image below. 99% of the Mavic clips work fine, but these don't.

Tried:
- Different interlacing methods in clip attributes
- Changing framerate (shot in 30p, timeline 25p)
- Relinking the clip
- Removing the clip from both timeline and media library, then importing it again
- Creating a copy of the clip file, renaming it and importing that clip instead
- Fiddling around with a variety of other settings
- Disable the grade

Can't get it to work!

Hardware:
MSI GS63VR 7RF laptop
i7 7700HQ
16GB RAM
GTX 1060

Software:
Win 10 Pro
Resolve Studio 14.2.0.012

I also had a little red warning symbol on the clip in the timeline. Didn't take a screenshot and now I can't re-create it, but it was a <!> in red in the bottom left corner of the clip in the timeline.

Return to DaVinci Resolve