Can't access library in DaVinci Resolve Lite

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

AntonJuncher

Can't access library in DaVinci Resolve Lite

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 am

I've just installed the Resolve Lite on my Macbook and I want to test it out, but I can't access any files to work with.
When I open up a project it just shows the small globe and "...". Nothing comes up when I drop down the folder with the small arrow on the left side of it.

Anyone have any idea of how I can get to access my files so I can start using the program?

Thanks in advance :)

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Can't access library in DaVinci Resolve Lite

PostFri Apr 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Go into Resolve Preferences / Media Storage and add your media drive to the Scratch Disks list, using the + icon at the bottom of the Scratch Disks window. Also enable the "Show all mounted volumes in the Library" checkbox.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

evangelist1

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 6:29 am

I added my media drive (assume disk J:) to the Scratch Disks list, using the + icon, but STILL cant access library!! Nothing comes up when I drop down the folder with the small arrow on the left side of it. Also COULDN't find the "Show all mounted volumes in the Library" checkbox. Where is it?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 11:31 am

Disk "J" is sounding like windows not Mac OS. Please confirm your system config.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

visualsbyaj

PostThu May 07, 2020 12:35 am

Hello. I'm having the same issue. I've gone into preferences>media storage and added my drive. I didn't see a box with "Show all mounted volumes in the library" I'm on a PC running Windows 10 64-bit

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 07, 2020 4:24 pm

What version of Resolve are you using?

In Resolve Windows Resolve Preferences - System - Media Storage, there should be a checkbox called "Automatically display attached and network storage locations". You don't see that?

After you added your drive in Preferences - Media Storage, it's not showing up in the Media page Media Storage list?

If you right click in the Media page Media Storage area, are you able to add a drive?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve