Uninstall/Fresh Install Mac

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Steve Riss

Uninstall/Fresh Install Mac

PostWed Apr 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Ok, the issue is the iMac had 14.3 on it but it was having an issue with playback not working while in the editor. It would work on startup but after about a minute of editing trying to play back an edit just wouldn't happen. Then 15 came out and we figured we would uninstall 14 and do a fresh install of 15, the only problem is I don't think the Mac uninstaller is much or an uninstaller. Yeah, it "REMOVES" Resolve from the application folder but it doesn't remove everything. We go to install 15 and it does what it's supposed to do but it doesn't give us the initial first install screen it just goes right to the last project that was being worked on. Uninstall and then do a search on the Mac for anything Blackmagic or Davinic and delete it (or at least I thought I did) install and same results as the last.

My question is how do I completely remove this program from my computer and install it like it was the first time? We are seriously considering moving to Resolve but until I can get a fresh copy to work it's going to be hard to justify paying for Studio. Thank You.

Return to DaVinci Resolve