DaVinci Resolve turns all video on my computer Green.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

BlakeVincentKueny

DaVinci Resolve turns all video on my computer Green.

PostWed Apr 18, 2018 10:32 pm

hi,
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue ? I'm editing DJI Phantom 4 Pro footage on my 27 iMac and after about 3 mins of scrubbing through footage the footage goes green. I thought this might be isolated to DaVinci but even if I go to YouTube or play a quicktime file the issue persists. I am currently on Resolve 15 beta but this has been on going issue since DR 14. If I restart my computer the issue is fixed but only for a matter of time. Any insight here would be great. I also submitted to Apple bug reports. They gave me some information and said that the logs pointed toward DaVinci causing the problem. But then closed my ticket as is par for their course. I thought it may had to do with something corrupting in the installs. I went ahead and completely formatted my computer's hard drive and re-installed Mac OS and Da Vinci and the problem still persists. Again it only happens when working with DJI Phantom 4 footage. RED files seem to work just fine. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Computer Specs
27in iMac Late 2015
Processor:4GhZ Intel Core I7
Memory: 48GB
GFX Card: AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB
Software: MacOS High Sierra Ver. 10.13.4

DaVinci Resolve
Version 15.0.0B.032

youtb.jpg
youtb.jpg (789.63 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 3.23.15 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 3.23.15 PM.jpg (674.74 KiB) Viewed 1383 times

Sam Steti

Re: DaVinci Resolve turns all video on my computer Green.

PostThu Apr 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Don't waste your time, put DJii footage profile at once (codec, bitrate, container,...).

Anyway to give a piece of answer here, it's probably* connected to "core video", the API connected to quicktime which deals with video frames. Once corrupted, it may also be for other tasks out of Resolve.
* This is only my personal opinion.

Now, since I don't know High Sierra, you could :
- first go inside Resolve preferences and switch between OpenCL and Metal to check wether it has any influence;
- anyway give BMD's team your logs here
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Return to DaVinci Resolve