Issue with stabiliser and speed change

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

totalitarian

Issue with stabiliser and speed change

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 8:34 am

I have a compound clip that I speed up from 7 mins to 12 seconds. When I run the stabiliser, it seems to scan all 7 minutes making it a very slow process.

I other NLEs it would just try to stabilise the 12 seconds worth of frames rather than all original 7 mins worth of frames. Is there a setting I have missed?

Hector Berrebi

Re: Issue with stabiliser and speed change

PostWed Apr 25, 2018 6:01 am

totalitarian wrote:I have a compound clip that I speed up from 7 mins to 12 seconds. When I run the stabiliser, it seems to scan all 7 minutes making it a very slow process.

I other NLEs it would just try to stabilise the 12 seconds worth of frames rather than all original 7 mins worth of frames. Is there a setting I have missed?

Hi Lee.

Did you try using the Classic Stabilizer? It works differently than the default one and doesn't "analyze" your clip.
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

totalitarian

Re: Issue with stabiliser and speed change

PostWed Apr 25, 2018 8:02 pm

In the end I nested the clip and then applied the stabiliser. Much quicker that way.

Return to DaVinci Resolve