Intel HD graphics as UI monitor along with Discrete GPU

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

aristomenis

Intel HD graphics as UI monitor along with Discrete GPU

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 10:19 am

Hello everyone,

Since the version 14 of Resolve, I'm constantly facing the "GPU out of memory" error. I'm working with 1080p H.264 footage work on a dual monitor setup with 1680x1050 resolution each. I've figured out that when I'm using only 1 monitor Resolve works fine, so I guess that the relatively large combined resolution of my monitors causes the issue.

So, reading posts about using a GPU just for UI rendering I thought that I could connect my displays on my motherboard's ports in order to utilize the Intel HD4000 graphics.

Unfortunately when I use one monitor using the setup mentioned above I get the following error:

DaVinci Resolve is unable to run as the application was not able to initialize the discrete GPU.

Please ensure that DaVinci Resolve is configured to run in performance mode in your graphics card settings utility.

Error Dialog.png
Error Dialog.png (8.52 KiB) Viewed 519 times

I tried to find any power settings in AMD's Radeon Settings (Crimson Drivers v18.3.4) but I couldn't.

AMD Settings.png
AMD Settings.png (210.53 KiB) Viewed 519 times

My specs:

i5 3570k
16GB Ram
AMD HD7970 (3GB VRam)

Is there a way to fix this issue and use my GPU just for processing without having it do the monitoring too?

Thank you for your time in advance!

Return to DaVinci Resolve