Resolve 14 + GTX680 No Start?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mark Weiss

Resolve 14 + GTX680 No Start?

PostMon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 am

I just updated the graphics drivers on my older 'testbed' workstation.

I recently installed an Intensity Pro 4K in the workstation, as I intend to repurpose it for live streaming.

Seeing as I could connect my 4K monitor to it, I got to thinking about maybe getting another IP 4K for the main editing workstation.

I wanted to see how DaVinci Resolve works with that card, so I fired it up. Before I updated the driver, it would load to the project menu and produce a message that it requires a CUDA enabled graphics card. I have the GTX680, which is CUDA compute level 3.0, so I figured I just need to update drivers. That fixed an nvenc problem with OBS software that I used for streaming, but broke things altogether for Resolve 14. It won't start at all with the latest 'certified' driver from nVidia.

Is there a particular nVidia driver version to avoid? Maybe I should install an earlier version if this current one has some conflict with Resolve 14?

Frank Wylie

Re: Resolve 14 + GTX680 No Start?

PostMon Apr 23, 2018 4:01 pm

Try reinstalling V14. The driver update probably scrambled some registry stuff...
Frank Wylie

Mark Weiss

Re: Resolve 14 + GTX680 No Start?

PostMon Apr 23, 2018 8:14 pm

I found out about an hour later that it was the Windows Firewall. Was blocking some 'daemon' file associated with Resolve. Odd that it took a long time for the notification to popup. Like an hour!

I finally got it running. The good news is it will do full screen video on the Intensity Pro 4K card, which means I can start using Resolve seriously.

Return to DaVinci Resolve