Resolve 14 "Media Offline" for 2-3 frames during export

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Will Weightless

Resolve 14 "Media Offline" for 2-3 frames during export

PostMon Apr 23, 2018 10:43 pm

I'm at the tail end of a big project and now trying to export the Master as a ProRes422HQ 4K DCI file directly from Resolve 14.

In the edit, colour and delivery windows there is no media showing as offline, yet every time I try to do the export, there are 2 or 3 frames randomly placed in the film that show as offline in my Master.

I've never had this problem before and been using resolve for years.

I'm running an iMac i7 w/ 3TB fusion drive, 32GB Ram, 4GB AMD Graphics and the project is primarily Canon Raw Light shot on C200 .

Can anyone help here? I'm on a deadline and need to find a way to get this export out in the next day or 2 which is freaking me out a little. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve 14 "Media Offline" for 2-3 frames during export

PostTue Apr 24, 2018 3:45 am

14.3?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Marc Wielage

Re: Resolve 14 "Media Offline" for 2-3 frames during export

PostTue Apr 24, 2018 3:53 am

Will Weightless wrote:In the edit, colour and delivery windows there is no media showing as offline, yet every time I try to do the export, there are 2 or 3 frames randomly placed in the film that show as offline in my Master.

Slow down the render speed and see if that helps solve the problem. I bet this is a buffer problem with the drive.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve