Justify text in Titles Generator

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mike Kravota

Justify text in Titles Generator

PostSun May 06, 2018 6:11 pm

I'm trying to make a block of text in Davinci Resolve where the text is justified. However, when I select 'Justified' from the 'Alignment' options, the text just looks left-aligned.

It doesn't appear that the Outline options under Background affect anything. Is there something more I need to do to make the text justify properly?

Thanks for the help in advance! I'm using Davinci Resolve 14.3 on Windows.

desupero

Re: Justify text in Titles Generator

PostWed Jun 20, 2018 12:58 pm

You can try left justify the "anchor" in Fusion after double clicking the text (it will be on the right side of the screen). Then adjust the X position under the "video" tab

Mike Kravota

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 2:41 pm

I guess the new Fusion integration makes this easier; I was hoping there'd be a bulit-in way to do it in Resolve.

JanKocbek

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Yes indeed Davinci devs are radicals indeed.

Aligning or anchoring it left aligns it to center left and you lose text on the right... Toxic

JanKocbek

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Solution is expanding the text frame box, like how you would enlarge the video, that icon on the left under your preview window... Expand the frame and make text smaller. Then align the frame and voila, you have text paragraphed to the left on the left side of the video not to the middle

JanKocbek

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Then you find out, Text+ doesnt have Bold and you cant select Bold even though you just selected Bold in normal text

It's like physics in Fortnite, dont expect much with Blackmagic and text logic :D

Return to DaVinci Resolve