15 beta - Image has 0 Frames in Fusion

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Manuel Geissinger

15 beta - Image has 0 Frames in Fusion

PostTue May 08, 2018 7:43 am

Hi there,

I got an image in my timeline, there's a bit of overlay and movement going on, made with a static image. Now I want to add some Fusion Text to the image. But when I go to the Fusion Tab, the image (although it plays for 5 seconds in the timeline) has 0 frames. I can't make a text animation.

I tried to convert the image into a new fusion clip, new compound clip, but nothing works. How do I get around this issue?

Thanks.

Manuel Geissinger

Re: 15 beta - Image has 0 Frames in Fusion

PostTue May 08, 2018 7:52 am

Also I noticed that the Fusion Tab randomly doesn't open the clips I selected in the timeline.

Manuel Geissinger

Re: 15 beta - Image has 0 Frames in Fusion

PostTue May 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Ok, this is a real mess now. I've finally managed to get the image to a "Fusion Compatible" Compound Clip with more than zero frames. Later I duplicated that clip and made some changes in Fusion (say I changed the text). Now it's like both clips are mixed in a weird way, flickering between both versions when I play in Fusion Tab or the Timeline.

Big warning to anybody. Don't use 15 yet.

Return to DaVinci Resolve