My MacBook Pro won't record into Fairlight

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mtrana1

My MacBook Pro won't record into Fairlight

PostFri May 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi,

I've seen the posts where a microphone setting needs to be changed on a PC, but I'm on a Mac and don't have that option. At least I don't think I do...Anyway.

I can setup to record, add a new audio channel, pair the channel, select the R in a box, click record. It appears to be recording with the red bar. When I stop, there is a a green audio channel. But no audio!

Please help me figure this out.

Thanks!!!

p.s. Version 15

Frank Engel

Re: My MacBook Pro won't record into Fairlight

PostSat May 19, 2018 2:25 am

At the top of the audio track in the mixer area of the Fairlight page is an "Input" control. Click in the box (it might say "No Input" if you haven't already set this to something) and choose "Input..." from the pop-up menu.

In the resulting "Patch Input/Output" box, "Source" should come up set to "Audio Inputs" and "Destination" to "Track Input" with the track already selected.

Select the audio input on the left side that your microphone is connected to and click "Patch" to route that microphone to be recorded on that track.

mtrana1

Re: My MacBook Pro won't record into Fairlight

PostMon May 21, 2018 1:12 pm

I found my issue. I needed to launch the Midi controller in the Mac, to set the recording quality higher. Once I did this my setup recorded without issue.

Return to DaVinci Resolve