15 Beta Hangs on "Loading Fairlight page"

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mike Walker

15 Beta Hangs on "Loading Fairlight page"

PostWed May 30, 2018 10:32 pm

Installation was successful.
But the program wont start!

Windows 10, Quad-Xenon workstation with 16GB RAM.

Was running fine with previous stable version...

Mike Walker

Re: 15 Beta Hangs on "Loading Fairlight page"

PostWed May 30, 2018 11:23 pm

The program Resolve.exe version 15.0.0.46 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 12e0
Start Time: 01d3f86ad40954ea
Termination Time: 17
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Resolve.exe
Report Id: d4206a86-6d05-4d86-9e4d-3e46bec0adf5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Mike Walker

PostWed May 30, 2018 11:34 pm

Interesting... I notice the Davinci resolve project Server also didn't run (error) , on re-installation I ran it first, and created a local DB, then close it. Then I re-installed making sure the Fairlight driver thingy was NOT selected:

resolve-install-try-again.png
resolve-install-try-again.png (24.7 KiB) Viewed 10989 times

Then I ran it, and it STARTED this time.. Asked to upgrade my ( old) local db - and I can load old projects now...

FWIW this is Win10 1709 build 16299.431

guerreiroazul

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi there, I am having the same issue. I didn´t understand this part of your process, could you try to clarify it to me?
" on re-installation I ran it first, and created a local DB, then close it. Then I re-installed making sure the Fairlight driver thingy was NOT selected"

How to run it first on re-installation? Do you mean the server?

Thanks,

Diogo

Mike Walker

PostMon Jul 09, 2018 5:54 pm

Yes, before re-installing without the Fairlight selected, I just ran the project server from the "Davinci Resolve" start menu item...

Sam6042

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 pm

Hello, i have the same problem but if i try to reinstall my davinci, it says that my fairlight page is downloaded already. Does someone have a fix for this? if so. Please tell me

Sam

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Are you using 15 beta? Assuming not, it might be more productive to start a new thread with a more descriptive title of your issue.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Botch Lestat

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 2:32 am

I'm using the DaVinci Resolve 15 release, not the Beta, and I'm hung on LOADING FAIRLIGHT PAGE. I didn't see an option just to download Fairlaight so I suppose the software is unusable at this stage. Any suggestions or thoughts?
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-10-25_21-26-57.png
Screenshot_2018-10-25_21-26-57.png (634.8 KiB) Viewed 9789 times

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 6:34 am

DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

albarakany

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 pm

Hi, I have this problem on windows 10 last update, for Resolve 15.2 and it block Fusion from star, I googled and tried every thing , but nothing work, then lastly tried some thing witch is disabling "Game Bar" and "Games Mode" on windows 10 settings, I did't know which one is the problem( "Game Bar" or "Games Mode") but it works> :lol:

SaHack

PostTue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 pm

Hi
got the same problem ...
you do have to have the Firewall let true

FusionScript services for Fusion Studio
dpdecoder.exe
Davinci Resolve

otherwise it will hang !
Cheers
SaHack

Clawdius

PostWed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 am

I have the same problem Davinci hanging on loading fairlight page uninstalled and reinstalled and taken advice above. Also checked Firewall and no problems there. I have recently updated drivers cannot work out what to do next. Any ideas got the free Davinci 15 Version all had been running perfect

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Did you notice my post above? And Peter's?
Dwaine Maggart

JonasRuppen

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 2:15 pm

I have had the same problem.
Disabling Hyper-V in Windows 10 Pro was the solution for me.
I think it had to do with the Virtual Network Switch that Hyper-V installed.

It's a bummer, since I need Hyper-V for my software development enviroment.

Clawdius

PostSat Mar 16, 2019 6:46 am

Thanks running Windows 10 home so have no hyper v. Got zip files onto desktop but no drop down to run them. Really getting stuck My computer is HP Envy graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 64 bit windows. Had been using Davinci for a month and there was no issues run lovely. it is since Hp recommended update drivers which I did the issues have started. Unfortunately just a hobbyist so struggling with the technical details trying to get system back up and running

dayongky

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 11:16 pm

jonasruppen wrote:I have had the same problem.

Disabling Hyper-V work for me. It would be great if Davinci Resolve can work with Hyper-V enable. Anyway, thanks for the tips.

JonasRuppen

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 10:16 pm

Sometimes activating another Network Interface helps.

As I use my LAN connection as standard I activate WLAN and start Davinci Resolve. This "Resolves" the situation.

EricTViking

PostWed May 29, 2019 11:36 pm

First time I tried to evaluate Resolve 16 I got stuck at the "Loading Fairlight Page" stage.

I was about to give up and not bother with it, so I uninstalled Fairlight Studio Utility first using the Windows Control Panel, and thought I'd give it one last chance to run.

After uninstalling Fairlight Studio Utility it worked fine and I was able to launch Resolve 16.

josh.byrd

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 5:14 pm

My version of Resolve 15 is also having this problem.

Here's a Google Doc with my info and SPX file: https://drive. google. com/ open?id=1WzlQFUGHm6Pmio-VtY1FVTb6BM0duNSbqAgT-ZVLCRg

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Jun 21, 2019 4:07 am

Download and install Resolve 15.3.1 from the BMD web site support area:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion
Dwaine Maggart

Danny Field

PostFri Jun 21, 2019 9:09 am

This is mainly for those that may find this post in the near future and have the same issues.

After some many revisions to Resolve and having them all fail - I'm so happy to say that Resolve 16 beta 4 works. Boot up time is like 15 seconds all up.

if you are using Norton's 360

The possible fix was when installing I disabled the Smart Firewall. This step is what I was always doing and it never worked. But the thing I did next was something new. In the Firewall Settings and the Intrusion and Browser Protection, I turned off 'Intrusion Prevention'. Just for 15 minutes, enough to install Resolve 16 b4 and to open it.

I noticed this the other day when a program wasn't able to communicate to external servers, and seeing that the logs were always stuck on 'socket failed to connect' for like 20 minutes. Not sure if this is just a fluke or if Norton's was in fact blocking it. I've seen been able to open Resolve no worries now, without disabling the 'Intrusion Prevention'.

One last bit - I simply installed Resolve 16 b4 over Resolve 14. I didn't install the Fairlight or Control Panels.

So far, no issues, no crashes, all runs very smoothly.

[I feel like I'm spamming this reply on some other threads so will stop haha]

josh.byrd

PostFri Jun 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Download and install Resolve 15.3.1 from the BMD web site support area:

https://www. blackmagicdesign . com/support/family/davinci-resolve-and-fusion

I installed 15.3.1 from this page, but I ran into the same exact problem. Any further instructions?

Danny Field

PostSat Jun 22, 2019 4:05 am

The latest is 16 though. While it is a beta, it may work.

The reason is that I could never get Version 15 to work, and only now managed to get 16 beta 4 to work and run smoothly. But also I was having issue with it hanging on Control Surfaces.

Always make a backup of your 'preferences' and 'support' which contains the Resolve Disk Database if you need to resort back to an earlier version. Usually in the ProgramData / Blackmagic Design / DaVinci Resolve

Also update your GPU. This did fix things on another PC with the 15 beta where it did fail. Updating the GPU did allow it to boot. And from memory, I remember this being a possible issue.

Also for me to work, I didn't install Fairlight as I don't think it was needed. Maybe an earlier version was installed, but I just install 16b4 without anything else.

Enlprck

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 5:23 pm

dayongky wrote:
jonasruppen wrote:I have had the same problem.

Disabling Hyper-V work for me. It would be great if Davinci Resolve can work with Hyper-V enable. Anyway, thanks for the tips.

I always used Davinci Resolve while HyperV active and it never caused any problem to me until now. I don't know what's happened but even when I reinstall or whatever i did, it just not working stucking at fairlight page. I am a big fan of HyperV so i don't think i will give up on HyperV. I can't understand why when i switching my softwares ( I was Adobe premiere user ) it causing problems after while.

Does anyone have any idea how Davinci Resolve can work while you enabled HyperV. ( Not talking about installing Davinci into Virtual Machine ). The weird thing is I always had HyperV enabled and davinci resolve worked perfect untill now.

Does anyone know the problem?

Enlprck

PostThu Sep 05, 2019 9:23 pm

Edit: 06 september 2019

I have been working on this problem like a few days and it made me really mad.
I found it and I am thinking to open new subject if they allow it.
The problem is not Disabling HyperV.
You can you Davinci Resolve while you actived HyperV
the problem is for me :

You have to uninstall "PotPlayer" if you are using it.
I have been using this aplication for a week and it become my favorite but i had to uninstall it.
Not: Uninstalling will not solve your problem you have to have Restore point or maybe remove it with revo uninstaller or I don'T know. But control panel > uninstall won't work.

josemanuel52FOUR

PostFri Sep 20, 2019 2:20 pm

I have the same problem with version 16 and the latest beta. I also use PotPlayer and wanted to continue using it. I installed on two computers and one did not have PotPlayer and also does not run. I don't know if I won't have to look for another alternative. I used Davinci in the past without any problems, but now it's impossible.
Last line in the log:
[0x000010d0] | SyManager | WARN | 2019-09-20 14:52:15,496 | socket failed to connect to server, error: 10061

Win10/64
16GB RAM
GPU GeForce MX150

Regards,

Danny Field

PostWed Sep 25, 2019 1:27 am

It just seems really weird that an external program like PotPlayer would cause issues. I've never installed nor heard of the program, so I wonder if it's an hidden issue such as firewall settings [I'm using Nortons] or CPU based.

Recently I had issue again when Windows updated. I had to roll back, which leads me to think that there is an issue with the internal firewall settings or something. Unfortunately, there has been no real answer nor fix, and I'm dreading for when Windows wants to update again, which is likely to be in the next few days....

Return to DaVinci Resolve