Syncing external audio after editing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Frank Glencairn

Syncing external audio after editing

PostThu May 31, 2018 9:05 am

Yeah, I know, usually you sync after import, but that was not an option here, so I had to edit with the camera audio.

Now I finally got the external audio files, and was able to do a sync via waveform, but the timeline still has the original camera audio tracks.

When I drop a clip from the pool on the timeline, it has the external audio though.

Is there a way, to replace automatically replace the camera audio on the timeline?
http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

I told you so :-)

Sergey Mirontsev

Re: Syncing external audio after editing

PostThu May 31, 2018 9:16 am

My way:
1. Sync audio via waveform with append or without
2. Right click on the video in the timeline, Clip Attributes, Audio, and select "Linked..." from dropdown
Blackmagic Design Certified Master Trainer

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (Samyang 12mm Cine, 35mm Cine)
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.4.4.0007
Speed Editor 1.4.1
Windows 10 Pro 21H1, i7-7700, 32Gb RAM, SSD, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb (471.68 Studio)

roger.magnusson

PostThu May 31, 2018 10:30 am

Hopefully Sergeys method will be scriptable once the Resolve scripting API becomes more complete.

Resolve/Fairlight really needs something like the Pro Tools HD Field Recorder Workflow:

I think it's quite common that an editor only has the stereo mix from the field recorder/s, then it's up to the sound department to ingest the isolated mic tracks and perform the final mix with that.

Frank Glencairn

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 7:40 am

Sergey Mirontsev wrote:My way:
2. Right click on the video in the timeline, Clip Attributes, Audio, and select "Linked..." from dropdown

Thanks. exactly what I was looking for.
http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

I told you so :-)

Grant Tompkins

PostTue Nov 26, 2019 3:40 am

Sergey Mirontsev wrote:My way:

I've tried this method but the "Linked" option in the Clip Attributes doesn't appear when getting the Clip Attributes from the timeline. In version 16.1.1 the "Linked" option only appears in the Clip Attributes dialogue from the Media Pool. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Return to DaVinci Resolve