How come no software updates on micro panel?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mardy Dep

How come no software updates on micro panel?

PostThu May 31, 2018 5:10 pm

I just got a blackmagic micro panel and in my amazement, none of the rings act as a jog wheel when editing. So I did a quick google search and came across page after page of people not only requesting this feature, but other missing features as well. Many of these posts are over a year old and there is one common theme and that is that NONE of these feature requests have been added to the micro panel. Has it really been over a year without adding any additions or adding any customization the micro panel. What is going on here?

It cant be that difficult to at least change one of the rings to a job wheel, especially with resolve focusing more and more on editing.

Mardy Dep

Re: How come no software updates on micro panel?

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 9:19 pm

Bump...

Mardy Dep

PostTue Oct 16, 2018 10:31 pm

Still no update on this? At this point just having one of the wheel rings turn into a jog wheel is good enough for me

Myron Hobizal

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 10:20 pm

At this point, probably best to try a Shuttle control if you need jog dial.

Dermot Shane

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 11:45 pm

Contour shuttle or Avid Transport are both better than the native jog knob in the Advanced panel anyway, have user mappable softkeys and are dead cheap, i have one of each... Transport at work, and Shuttle at home

Marc Wielage

PostSat Oct 27, 2018 5:08 am

Noted LA colorist Skipper Martin spent weeks and figured out how to program an X-Keys 68 panel so that it would have jog/shuttle on a Mac in Resolve.

Skipper did a terrific job -- I tried for a few days to do the same thing and just gave up in frustration. I don't use the jog/shuttle knob on the big panels, but it is nice to have. I think what Blackmagic would tell you is if this feature is important to you, either buy the Advanced Panels or get something like the X-Keys.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Glenn Venghaus

PostSat Oct 27, 2018 11:17 am

Naaaah. Best jog shuttle around for OSX (and not using jumpy buffering stupid keyboard shortcuts like every other solution so far) :mrgreen:

edit : and btw you can as of recently also control wipe position with the wheel for all wipe types.
Beatstep & APC-40 Resolve Edition Controllers https://posttools.tachyon-consulting.com
Test Rig : 2xXeon (24c) | UNRAID KVM OSX VM's | 128GB | 5700XT | 40Gbe
Prod Rig : i9-7940X (14c) | OSX 10.15 | 64GB | 2xVega 56 | 40Gbe | Tb3 | V:Eizo | A:5.1RME

Return to DaVinci Resolve