Multiple fonts and weights - Text+

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Paul Willis

Multiple fonts and weights - Text+

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 1:06 pm

I expect someone must've mentioned this before but I am still really missing the ability to use multiple fonts, or at least font weights within a line of text. I hoped this would be available within text+, but there just seems to be every other conceivable option except for this. Unless I'm missing something the manual doesn't seem to discuss how to approach this.

I'm absolutely loving everything else and am gradually moving all of my cleanup/painting work into Fusion from After Effects, the text generators are the only missing piece for me.

Have I missed something obvious this whole this time?
www.chief.tv
www.paulwilliscolour.com

AMD Threadripper 3970X 32-Core
RTX 3090 24GB
128GB RAM
Windows 11

Bryan Ray

Re: Multiple fonts and weights - Text+

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 2:40 pm

I haven't tried it in Resolve, but in Fusion standalone, you can access Character Level Styling as follows:

Right-click the text entry box and choose Character Level Styling. Switch to the Modifiers tab. In the Viewer, select the characters you want to change by dragging a selection box around them. In the Modifiers panel, new options will appear, allowing you to change the font, style, size, etc.

There is some supplementary documentation for Fusion called the Tool Reference Guide that describes every tool and modifier here:
http://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/F ... erence.pdf

Information about Character Level Styling begins on page 298.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Paul Willis

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 3:28 pm

That sounds like it will do the trick! I saw the Character Level Styling as an option but I had no idea how to use it. The manual is clearly not 100% there yet.

I'll give this a try, thanks!
www.chief.tv
www.paulwilliscolour.com

AMD Threadripper 3970X 32-Core
RTX 3090 24GB
128GB RAM
Windows 11

rem9262

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 10:14 am

Hello,
Excuse me but Modifiers stay empty on my Fusion 9.0.2 or Resolve 15.0.5b.
Is there another way to make change ?
Thanx

Joseph Zitt (Raz-Lee)

PostTue Oct 23, 2018 8:14 am

Bryan Ray wrote:I haven't tried it in Resolve, but in Fusion standalone, you can access Character Level Styling as follows:

Right-click the text entry box and choose Character Level Styling. Switch to the Modifiers tab. In the Viewer, select the characters you want to change by dragging a selection box around them. In the Modifiers panel, new options will appear, allowing you to change the font, style, size, etc.

Is it possible to select other tools from the right-click menu, such as Animate, on text for which you had already selected Character Level Styling? Some tools appear to get greyed out when others have been applied.

Return to DaVinci Resolve