ALE file export

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Nuno Santos Lopes

ALE file export

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Hi,

using DaVinci Resolve 15.

Every time i try to export an ALE file from a timeline DaVinci crashes....every time...

bug? how the hell do i export an ALE without using the timeline menu...?

any ideas?

thanks.

n.

Reynaud Venter

Re: ALE FILE EXPORT

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 3:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=69837

System Specs?

ALE Export functional on all systems here without crashes.
Last edited by Reynaud Venter on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuno Santos Lopes

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Mac Pro (late 2013)

3,5 Ghz 6-core intel xeon e5

32 gm ram

normal one...

all working...

maybe a restart will fix it...

Nuno Santos Lopes

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 3:25 pm

some bug....

i created a new project...and now it works...

thanks.

PonchPert

Re: ALE File export crash

PostSat Mar 16, 2019 2:41 am

I think I figured out what causes the crash.

If you have a combination of Video + Audio files and just Video, the Video only files will make the exported timeline crash. It doesn't matter if you create a Timeline with both kinds of files or just video, it will crash. This happens on both Windows and Mac.

I have tried adding Audio through the Clip Attributes dialogue, but it still crashes. I'm currently looking for a workaround and I'll post again if I find it, but it'd be cool if this could be fixed.

Thanks!

Ryan Schroeder

Re: ALE file export

PostThu Mar 21, 2019 6:17 pm

I'm hitting this same issue - clips that are video only will cause Resolve to crash when exporting an ALE.
I've emailed in with a support request for the issue.

PieroLass

PostThu Mar 21, 2019 7:10 pm

It worked for me with a small project but with a 90 minutes timeline with the same kind of audio e video clip I got crash...so I divided the movie in pieces and it worked..

FEROXED

ALE file export missing

PostThu Jan 12, 2023 8:30 am

Hi all
I am also having a problem exporting an ALE file, as it is not even given as an option in the dropdown. All the clips are video only. I am using the lates Resolve update and have never had this problem before.
Any ideas?? PLEASE
Attachments
ALE Missing.jpg
This is from the EDIT Tab when I select Timelines/Export
ALE Missing.jpg (60.04 KiB) Viewed 906 times
Cheers
Russ
russ.feroxed@gmail.com
feroxed.com

ZFowlerEditor

PostMon Oct 02, 2023 10:48 pm

Having this same problem where Resolve 18.6 crashes when exporting an ALE but will work if I remove all video files that don't have audio attached. I'm waiting on BM support for a response and will update if they give a solution.

But I wanted to share a temporary workaround I found. I pulled out all the problem clips that don't have audio attached into their own timeline. Then I rendered that timeline as individual wav files so the the timecode would be the same. Then auto-synced the video to those wav files by timecode. Thus turning all the files that were a "video" type to "video + audio" type with empty audio files attached. ALE exported fine afterward.

If your clips all start with the same timecode you could just export one wave and sync that one to them all. Mine jumped around so I found this easiest.

This is a weird glitch because I definitely have exported ALEs with MOS clips before. These specific clips are from a drone and gopro.

mxmrtin

PostSat Nov 11, 2023 3:05 pm

Same issue on Resolve 18.1.4 - the problem clips on the timeline that cause the crash seem to have one mono audio channel set to mute. Can anyone from Blackmagic please chime in? Seems like this has been a bug for 5 years and many different versions?

Return to DaVinci Resolve