Audio monitoring soloing one track in source window

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SamBroggs

Audio monitoring soloing one track in source window

PostTue Jun 19, 2018 12:45 pm

I am recording Video with six distinct audio channels. How can I listen to only one solo track in the source monitor? When I listen to all six tracks at the same time, I dont understand anything. Is there a way to solo an audio track in the source window ?? :?
mbp late 2012, 16gb ram, 2,6ghz, geforce GT650M, davinci resolve 15

Jean Claude

Re: Audio monitoring soloing one track in source window

PostTue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm

SamBroggs wrote:I am recording Video with six distinct audio channels. How can I listen to only one solo track in the source monitor? When I listen to all six tracks at the same time, I dont understand anything. Is there a way to solo an audio track in the source window ?? :?

Perhaps 2 solutions to propose:
Solution 1:
step 1:
to import the clip into the media pool
step 2:
clip attributes and "mute" the channels we do not want
step3:
(This is not my preferred solution)
1_solution_1.jpg

Solution 2 ( my preferred) :
Keep the 6 monos audios (step 1)
Place the video and audio in a TL with 6 monos => fairlight bus 5.1 (we can panner if necessary)
and render or test solo channel by channel.
2_solution_2.jpg

Everything depends on what one seeks to obtain.

Hoping we have the same OS :? and the same OS version :? and the same version of Davinci Resolve :? : as you did not fill in your signature ... :?
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

SamBroggs

PostSat Jun 23, 2018 8:13 am

Thanks for your help!! That's not a very convenient way, but it does the trick. I hope, resolve will have a simple soloing function in the source window in the future.
mbp late 2012, 16gb ram, 2,6ghz, geforce GT650M, davinci resolve 15

Krishna Pada

PostSun Jun 24, 2018 4:57 am

Jean Claude wrote:
Solution 2 ( my preferred) :
Keep the 6 monos audios (step 1)
Place the video and audio in a TL with 6 monos => fairlight bus 5.1 (we can panner if necessary)
and render or test solo channel by channel.
2_solution_2.jpg

Everything depends on what one seeks to obtain.

Hoping we have the same OS :? and the same OS version :? and the same version of Davinci Resolve :? : as you did not fill in your signature ... :?

I am trying to figure out how to play 5.1 tracks from Resolve Fairlight (v14).

The 5.1 tracks have come from the sound studio, as separate mono tracks (L,C,R,LFE, LS, RS). I have synced with the video.
Now I have 6 distinct mono tracks with the video. How to the assign each track to the speaker they are intended to play from (through my sound card)?

Audio tracks can be easily assigned to intended speakers in FCP and Premier. Yet to find out how to do it in Resolve.

Any help?
FILMWALLAH.
DR Studio. Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64 GB Ram, T7 for Resolve Cache
UMP G2, BMD Pocket 6K, Canon R5 C
Zeiss CP.3 15, 25, 50, 85. Zeiss Contax 25, 35, 50, 85, 135.

Return to DaVinci Resolve