Batch metadata editing on compound clips?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

rubybell

Batch metadata editing on compound clips?

PostWed Jun 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi,

I have a timeline of individual compound clips and I'm trying to batch edit the metadata for all of them but when I select the clips, all of the metadata fields are greyed out and I can't edit them.

I'm having no trouble batch editing metadata for regular clips, or editing compound clips one by one. Is this is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Batch metadata editing on compound clips?

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 10:04 am

Can you provide more info to repo as its working here.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

NeverMindThe

Re:Metadata editing not working greyed out Beta 16b3

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 11:04 pm

I'm having an issue where all metadata options are greyed out and can't edit any metadata!

Resolve 16 beta on Mac (latest beta version) and its making doing a multiple clip Multicam impossible (as can't add or edit angle names), and it also won't let me edit them attributes in the bin. So really stuck.

I also set up a new Metadata Preset in user settings and when I click to view that preset, it shoes a blank pane, none of the preset options I denied are showing.

Help!

Thanks

blackmyper

Re: Batch metadata editing on compound clips?

PostFri Jun 05, 2020 8:42 am

HI, I have a metadata related problem.

In the MEDIA window I use to insert the shot and scene details in detail view. Quite handy. I'm using DR16 16.2.2. When I startup the program and insert the metadata in the detail view it is al right, but as soon as I open the metadata panel and click into a field, I can't edit the metadata in the detail view anymore.

Any hint?

Myper
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (232.52 KiB) Viewed 727 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve