Rendering full length clips from a timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Garret Layman

Rendering full length clips from a timeline

PostWed Jun 20, 2018 5:19 pm

I'm looking for a way to render the full length clips from an edited Premiere XML timeline.
I used Resolve to save proxies of all the media, took it to Premiere for the edit, brought the XML back into Resolve for correction and am ready to export the corrected sequence as individual clips. Instead of maintaining the in/out set in the timeline I would like to render each clip at its full length so that tweaks can be made to the edit without round tripping again.

I've learned this can be accomplished with a master timeline but it has to be setup at the outset of the project and I'd like to avoid creating a new project and importing the XML because I'd have to redo the grade. If there is a better way than manually finding each clip in the pool and putting it's full version in a new timeline I would love to know. Maybe just some way to consolidate all clips in a timeline into their own bin or something?

Any help is appreciated!

Return to DaVinci Resolve