Can't change cache location Resolve 15 beta

A place for feedback and discussion on DaVinci Resolve 15
  • Author

grinch

Can't change cache location Resolve 15 beta

PostTue Jul 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi there!
after installing resolve beta 15, playing around with my first projects, i realized that the .gallery and CacheClip location was set to the downloads folder of my system drive.

so i deleted this location from preferences->media storage and added a new location on a different drive which is also constantly connected to the system. (the first and only entry now)
additionally i changed the location in the project settings->working folders and saved.

then i deleted the cacheClip folder from the system drive, hoping everything is fine now.

no matter what, each time i load a project in resolve, it recreates the cacheclip folder in the downloads folder of my system drive and cache is going to go there.

is it a beta bug ?

i also looked into all the config files in C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences\
like config.dat etc. etc.
each file only contains my new location on drive D:\

but it seems that resolve don't care...

what can i do ?

thx in advance

Dermot Shane

Re: Can't change cache location Resolve 15 beta

PostTue Jul 10, 2018 3:43 pm

a few thoughts

cache target location is set in pref's, if has not been changed there, Resolve will re-creae as it needs
best pratice is to set caches loction per project inside a project folder, you can then manage / delete at the os level

grinch

PostTue Jul 10, 2018 5:44 pm

as i said, i did set the working files location for each project to a specific folder on drive D:\
AND i did set the media storage location in preferences to a folder on drive D:\

but it always recreates the cache folders (CacheClip) in my downloads folder when opening a project, no matter what.

it totally ignores which location i have set in both preferences and project settings

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 6:03 am

Tom, when you say 'opening a project' its not clear if you mean opening a new or existing?

Now that you have changed the first drive path in preferences, start a new project, make sure the project settings are set to the new drive/path and then in project settings, presets, select the default use and system configs and save.
then exit resolve, restart and test.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve 15 Beta