Resolve Project Magically Disappeared

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Austin Piwinski

Resolve Project Magically Disappeared

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 1:41 pm

Hey Guys,

So I have been working on a project for the last few weeks, and suddenly yesterday the project file disappeared. I was doing a color grade, saved the project file, quit resolve, and then suddenly I open it up the next day and the project is just gone. This is Resolve Studio 14.3 and I am not sure how it happened. Nothing happened to my computer during that period of time, so I'm wondering how this happened. Does anyone know how I could find the project file?

Also, when I go through the database search in finder, I see record of the project file, but there is nothing to open in resolve, there is an XML file, but the last time it was updated was when I actually made the project.

I'll attach a screen shot of the database I looked through

Thanks for all your help.

Austin
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 8.40.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 8.40.49 AM.png (513.26 KiB) Viewed 467 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve Project Magically Disappeared

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 am

Assuming that the highlighted CR Full Proxy is the project that disappeared, zip that folder and provide a link to it here. We'll see if it's recoverable.

Normally, this would only happen in the case of a Resolve crash with the project open. I would have no explanation how it could possibly get broken otherwise.

It's always a good idea when you are working on multi-day/week/months long projects, to do a Project Export occasionally, like the end of each day. And put those .drp files somewhere else. So that if something happens to the project, or the database, or the drive, you have a backup to fall back on.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Igor Riđanović

Re: Resolve Project Magically Disappeared

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 am

You may want to switch to PostgreSQL instead of Disc Database. It's more reliable.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

Return to DaVinci Resolve