Copying Attributes from One Video to another

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

kellyneagan

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 6:37 pm

I will preface by saying I am the most novice of novice. Is there a way to copy attributes of one video on a timeline (zoom, length, position, transitions) to another video on a timeline? I need to update a commercial spot every day, and it would be nice to copy and paste the attributes of yesterday's information to today's.

Romain Kedochim

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 7:37 am

DR 14.3 Manual - page 513

“Paste Attributes

You can copy and paste attributes from one clip to multiple clips using the Paste Attributes command. This is a fast way to apply video and audio adjustments and effects from one clip to many others in the Timeline.

To copy attributes:

1 Select a clip with attributes you want to apply to other clips, and press Command-C.

2 Select one or more other clips to paste to.

3 Choose Edit > Paste Attributes (Option-V), or right-click one of the selected clips and choose Paste Attributes from the contextual menu.

4 When the Paste Attributes window appears, click the checkboxes of each of the attributes you want to paste, and click Apply when you’re done.”

Is that what you were after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Studio M1 Ultra - 128Gb Unified Mem.
BM Ultrastudio Mini Monitor
BM Micro Panel
1 x FSI DM240
2 x Dell UP2516D
macOS Ventura
DR18.1.4

Return to DaVinci Resolve