DaVinci Resolve PROBLEMS

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

asdreal

DaVinci Resolve PROBLEMS

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 4:14 pm

I have a big documentary project - 52 minutes. after the completion of the editing, I need to record a movie in the MXF XDCAM 50i format.
The project is built on poly-screens. The source video interlaced and progressive scan.

There are problems:
0. Is not possible to set up Timeline settings to progressive or interlace scan.
1. Crop video (floating bug) - duplicates lines at the top and bottom.
2. Video sizing changes the interpolation of the picture with a noticeable distortion on the movements.
3. Titles. There is no interlace scan and anti-aliasing.
4. Scrolling titles. There is no interlace scan and anti-aliasing. Scrolling titles are strobing.
5. Export of AAF-AVID MC occurs without titles. Resolve had titles but when transferred to Avid they disappeared. Video on the timeline, when transferred, has mixdown and without the alpha channel.
6. Export XML to Adobe Premiere CC. a) replaces files on the timeline. b) sizing and cropping do not match the settings in Davinci Resolve. c) the metadata of some video files are misinterpreted. I have FULL HD in Resolve when migrating to Premiere become 4k. d) instead of the titles on the timeline, the file is seen as an unknown effect.
7. Export AAF to ProTools HD has a floating problem with video and audio synchrony about 3-5 frames by the end of the movie. In ProTools HD, the sound did not move.
8. It is impossible to correctly consolidate the timeline for backup with the material used on the timeline only with a TRIM option.

Davinci Resolve 15 b6, Windows 10, Quadro P5000, HP Z8(G4)

Cary Knoop

Re: DaVinci Resolve PROBLEMS

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 4:40 pm

For mixed interlaced and progressive footage or interlaced only footage that is going to be resized and processed in other ways I think the best workflow is to deinterlace the interlaced footage first (each field becomes a separate frame), process everything progressive in Resolve and then optionally interlace the footage (with setting a progressive flag) if the destination video has to be interlaced.

For instance it is not possible to resize interlaced footage without deinterlacing in between except for a horizontal only resize.

Tom Early

Re: DaVinci Resolve PROBLEMS

PostWed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 pm

the manual will clear up 6 (this is not Resolve's problem), and no doubt some of the others too
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Return to DaVinci Resolve