Color Viewer Lookup Table - Doubts and making good use of it

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jean Paul Sneider

Color Viewer Lookup Table - Doubts and making good use of it

PostFri Jul 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi,
Said that I know that an external monitor via decklink can't be replaced by software gimmicks, no need to point that out, that's my next upgrade, for the momenti this is my question:

I have an Eizo CX270 calibratad via ColorNavigator. As pointed out at page 667 of Resolve 14 manual monitoring on the Computer Display isn't optimal, but the problem can be adressed and mitigated.

[ http://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/D ... Manual.pdf ]

I am running Windows 10, so secondo option. When I follow the steps among the LUT options I have "Use Video Monitor Selection" is that enough to comply with the steps that are suggested since my monitor is calibrated? If not:
I can't find a way with colornavigator to export the LUT. Is there a way? Is my supposition reasonable that ColorNavigator doesn't make a LUT since basically it changes the settings of the monitor, an internal LUT?
Should I use and external Software to take it, wouldn't it say the monitor calibration is just fine since it is internally calibrated via ColorNavigator?

Let's say i get hold of a suitable LUT, applying it to the Color Viewer wouldn't it double up its effect?

Thanks for helping me navigate through color management maze.

Jean Paul Sneider

Re: Color Viewer Lookup Table - Doubts and making good use o

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 9:31 am

Due to the lack of answers I contacted the support.

Return to DaVinci Resolve