Resolve 15 - Remote collaboration workflow

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Pixelshot

Resolve 15 - Remote collaboration workflow

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi all, first post here. Long time Premiere Pro video editor. I've just become familiar with Resolve and am seriously considering moving my future editing projects to Resolve mainly to avoid bugs, subscription fees, and for the improved performance I've been told about. My initial research into the software looks very positive.

I regularly collaborate with editors on independent documentary film projects. We are never on the same physical network (we all work from home offices) so the collaboration features for Resolve may not apply. Is there a way to effectively and efficiently share projects remotely and still take advantage of the collaboration features (multiple editors using one project)? I can imagine using Dropbox to save my projects on my local hard drive then sharing that folder with my colleagues but this may be problematic.

I guess what I'm hoping for is true cloud-based project collaboration that does not involve exporting and importing. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Nick Papps

Re: Resolve 15 - Remote collaboration workflow

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 5:20 pm

I would like to find out a solution for this as well. I am having a very difficult time with Adobe team projects. It is causing me all kinds of headaches that are not my fault and it’s frustrating my team. I’ve been using Resolve a ton lately and loving it. Definitely want to make the whole team switch to Resolve.

I remember talking to someone at Blackmagic a while ago and they said it is not a requirement to have shared storage but that everyone has identical hard drives with identical folder structure.

Does anyone know the right way to accomplish this, or know where the information can be found? I couldn’t seem to find the answer in the manual. Thanks !

Pixelshot

PostThu Jul 26, 2018 11:18 pm

Thanks Nick.

Anyone out there have thoughts? Thanks

Nick Papps

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Just found this from something I posted a long time ago!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=58640

Return to DaVinci Resolve