Auto audio grouping

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Severin Schultze

Auto audio grouping

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 9:29 am

I recognized importing broadcast wav files with 6 tracks will be grouped as 5.1 tracks automatically. When importing bwav files with 4, 5, 6 and seven tracks and auto sync them and create a new timeline with the synced clips all clip audio tracks will be nicely placed on several tracks but the ones with 6 tracks will just have one track with the first of the tracks being placed on the first audio track in the timeline. Going to the audio clip in the media browser and check the clip attributes I see those have six tracks but grouped as 5.1. I can manually set them to 6 mono tracks. Once I did that they will behave like the other files and place each single mono track onto one audio track in the timeline.

I couldn't find any settings to do so. Checking bwav files in avid there is nothing special to the ones with six tracks in the header or something..

Any suggestions?
.digital imaging technician & digital intermediate engineer

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: Auto audio grouping

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 8:41 am

Hi Severin

Could you post a link to a sample broadcast wav file with 6 channels?

Thanks
Shrinivas

Severin Schultze

Re: Auto audio grouping

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 8:48 am

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:Hi Severin

Could you post a link to a sample broadcast wav file with 6 channels?

Thanks
Shrinivas

Hi Shrinivas,

will do this tomorrow, when I'm in front of my machine again. Will send you a message..

Thanks!
.digital imaging technician & digital intermediate engineer

Return to DaVinci Resolve