How to Keyframe OpenFX?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Singularity

How to Keyframe OpenFX?

PostWed Jul 25, 2018 1:56 pm

I cannot find any place to adjust keyframes for OFX. Not in the edit tab, nor in the color tab. I can add the keyframes using the inspector, but there doesn't seem to be any way to see where they have been placed in time, or adjust their positioning at all.
I have seen tutorials showing the OFX property in the keyframe editor of the color tab, but that seems to have disappeared from the program now... Or am I missing something?

I'm using 15b6 on Windows 10.
Resolve 18 Studio. Windows 11 Pro. Ryzen 2700x. GTX 3060. 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 RAM. ASUS Crosshair x370.

John Paines

Re: How to Keyframe OpenFX?

PostWed Jul 25, 2018 2:21 pm

At this point, fx keyframes are only editable in the Inspector, there's no graphical display of keyframes on Color or Edit pages. The 15 "what's new" suggests this limitation is temporary, but it's unclear if/when/how the feature will change. Perform edits and change values using the left/right arrows on either side of the keyframe symbol, to move from keyframe to keyframe, or to delete a keyframe

Singularity

PostWed Jul 25, 2018 3:38 pm

John Paines wrote:At this point, fx keyframes are only editable in the Inspector, there's no graphical display of keyframes on Color or Edit pages. The 15 "what's new" suggests this limitation is temporary, but it's unclear if/when/how the feature will change. Perform edits and change values using the left/right arrows on either side of the keyframe symbol, to move from keyframe to keyframe, or to delete a keyframe

Thank you for confirming this. At least I can stop searching for something that isn't there now.
I really hope they do add this feature back soon. Actually, a proper unified keyframe editor is required I think. I've just started using resolve, and am a bit surprised by this.
Resolve 18 Studio. Windows 11 Pro. Ryzen 2700x. GTX 3060. 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 RAM. ASUS Crosshair x370.

CrackerJackFlash

PostFri Aug 17, 2018 10:04 pm

John Paines wrote:At this point, fx keyframes are only editable in the Inspector, there's no graphical display of keyframes on Color or Edit pages. The 15 "what's new" suggests this limitation is temporary, but it's unclear if/when/how the feature will change. Perform edits and change values using the left/right arrows on either side of the keyframe symbol, to move from keyframe to keyframe, or to delete a keyframe

Thanks for this...I'm brand new to Resolve and saw a tutorial on Lynda.com that requires finding the OFX to add a guassian blur, but now I'm at a loss how to do this without the OFX option.

Return to DaVinci Resolve