Massive playback issues in Edit mode on brand new PC (14.3)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DopeItUp

Massive playback issues in Edit mode on brand new PC (14.3)

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 9:38 pm

Hello,

This is my first post here, go easy on me. I have been using Resolve 12.5 for a year or two on a 6 year old PC and it worked but barely. So I decided to upgrade.

I now have a brand new Dell Precision 5820 with a Xeon 2145 (8 cores at 3.7GHz), 32GB RAM, SSD drives and an Nvidia P4000. Resolve 14.3 on Windows 10 x64 which I literally just installed a week ago so this system is as fresh as can be. Only thing I've really done is install all the drivers and such. Just for reference I have 20 years professional IT experience so I'm savvy enough and willing enough to do just about anything.

The problem is, in Edit mode the playback video and audio stutters constantly and also freezes for several seconds at a time. It is 100% unusable. I have now:

-Set Proxy mode to quarter resolution
-Enabled Performance mode
-Set cache drives to a secondary SSD (not the system drive)
-Render cache set to "Smart"
-Under Preferences -> User -> Performance options I have checked off "hide ui overlays" and "minimum interface updates"
-Under the project master settings, I have the video monitoring format at 720p 59.94fps and video bit to 8bit (instead of 10).
-A variety of other things that I don't quite remember. I tried changing the hardware video settings to opencl vs CUDA, no change from any of those things.

These have all improved the experience dramatically but the FPS counter is still always red and the stuttering is still there. I've found that if I play a clip and then wait a few minutes and play it again it will be much faster this time (render cache or optimized media or something happening in the background?) but it's STILL not smooth, but nearly acceptable at least.

My media is all 1080p 59.94FPS MP4s from a Canon Vixia R800. I'm not sure if there's any other information needed there.

FYI for performance stats, when I'm in Edit mode and doing a playback of a clip (that's stuttering and freezing) the system is basically idling. CPU <25%, memory <25%, all drives <2%, GPU <2%. So Resolve basically isn't even using the hardware at all it seems.

Any advice on other things to try or look at? It doesn't make sense to me that my system 6 years newer than the last is slower than the original. Did 14.3 get a lot worse performance wise than 12.5? Should I go back to 12.5? Upgrade to one of the 15 beta version? Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Jack Fairley

Re: Massive playback issues in Edit mode on brand new PC (14

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Sounds abnormal. Can you provide a sample clip to test with?
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Andrew Kolakowski

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Definitely abnormal, but I would anyway sell P4000 (which is expensive as it's pro card) and get GTX1080/Ti if machine allows for it. P4000 in Resolve will be between GTX 1070 and 1060 judging by specs.

John Paines

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 am

My guess is, the 59.95 .mp4 footage isn't well supported by R14.3, which is further aggravated by monitoring at 720p. Keep timeline and monitoring resolution the same. Also make sure there are no frame rate mismatches in the project settings. You don't say what the caching format is.

I would start from scratch with less demanding footage, for example 1080p prores or DnxHD 24fps. No proxy mode, and turn off all caching. Then proceed with increasing demands from there. You might also want to transcode the Canon footage and see if the system can handle 60p in an intra-frame codec.

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 1:16 am

John Paines wrote:My guess is, the 59.95 .mp4 footage isn't well supported by R14.3, which is further aggravated by monitoring at 720p. Keep timeline and monitoring resolution the same. Also make sure there are no frame rate mismatches in the project settings. You don't say what the caching format is.

I would start from scratch with less demanding footage, for example 1080p prores or DnxHD 24fps. No proxy mode, and turn off all caching. Then proceed with increasing demands from there. You might also want to transcode the Canon footage and see if the system can handle 60p in an intra-frame codec.

I tried timeline/monitoring resolution the same initially and it literally doesn't play at all. Like there's about 3 seconds between frames and the audio just sounds like a stuttering robot and the FPS never goes above 30 (even though it's clearly not even close to 30). The little double meter on the right side is in the red the whole time (I have no idea what that thing even is).

Caching format (I assume you mean the optimized media?) I tried the default (10 bit uncompressed) and tried Dnx HD (I think that's what it was called), no change. For your last paragraph you're basically saying to transcode my clips into something else and then import into resolve? I guess I can try that.

To be clear this is a 12.5 project that I imported into 14.3 after I got the new computer (finishing up my last video project before starting a new one). Not sure if that has any relevance. Maybe project incompatibility? Maybe the project is storing some hardware info that doesn't work? There has to be a reason why the system is just idling, resolve doesn't seem to be using anything. Hmmm maybe I could just cut and paste the timeline into a new project just to try that.

Thanks,
Adam

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 1:18 am

Jack Fairley wrote:Sounds abnormal. Can you provide a sample clip to test with?

Here's a small clip (one of hundreds): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jTsoV ... FpcwtLa8X-

Thanks!

Adam

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 am

John Paines wrote:My guess is, the 59.95 .mp4 footage isn't well supported by R14.3, which is further aggravated by monitoring at 720p. Keep timeline and monitoring resolution the same. Also make sure there are no frame rate mismatches in the project settings. You don't say what the caching format is.

Oh and one final note, you mentioned no frame rate mismatches. I do not have any mismatches but I played around for hours with all the settings. I found that if I set the slower frame rate (like 30) it's actually a lot smoother but it's running at half speed (of course). So I'm sure I have no mismatches at this point.

Interestingly enough, even if I go with the lowest resolution setting (I forget what it was, 480i?) and quarter-res proxy it's STILL stuttering. That's insane.

Adam

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 1:25 am

Oh geez, final thought (I can't edit my previous posts because they all have to be approved and I can't even see them, sorry), I'm using the free version of Resolve. I don't know if Studio has better hardware support or something? I've been doing hours and hours of research and someone mentioned that but I have no idea how true that is.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 1:33 am

It’s likely the P4000 is the limited factor but it would help to see full config details
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 1:45 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:It’s likely the P4000 is the limited factor but it would help to see full config details

What do you want me to show? Is there some way I can export the config?

My old system had an M4000, this is actually quite a decent upgrade GPU-wise (about 70% better according to the benchmarks I saw). Even more perplexing.

Dope

John Paines

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 1:53 am

I don't have any trouble playing that footage in full resolution on a 6-core system and with a dated gtx card with (I would guess) performance similar to that Quadro P4000. Doesn't matter whether I monitor at 1080p 59.94 or 720p.

You might want to post a screen shot of your general preferences (timelines resolution, etc.), because apart from incorrect settings, there's no obvious explanation on the face of it.

Marc Wielage

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 2:18 am

MP4 material in general is rough for post (particularly Long-GOP material like Canon), and the 59fps doesn't help. Convert it to a simpler format and it'll be much less overhead for your CPU. DNxHR would be one possibility.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Uli Plank

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 3:24 am

It runs perfectly fine here (BTW, a lot of super white headroom in the highlights to pull from).
My 4 CPU cores are running at about 70% load, the GPU only at about 30%.
So, a 6 core system should handle it easily, I don't think Windows can be that much worse.

It's really strange. Transcoding would be a good idea nevertheless, since my system is already busy without any grades or effects.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 8:47 am

60p HD should work fine for sure on 3.7GHz 8 cores Xeon. As mentioned- resources are not stressed at all and very jumpy which suggest some deeper issue.
Are all drivers up to date? No WIN legacy ones?

NBeing

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am

I'm having similar problems with my laptop:

Dell XPS 15 9560 (4k)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
512 GBSSD
16.0 GB RAM
Windows 10
Resolve 15 Beta

and it stuttered trying to play the file you sent too.

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:60p HD should work fine for sure on 3.7GHz 8 cores Xeon. As mentioned- resources are not stressed at all and very jumpy which suggest some deeper issue.
Are all drivers up to date? No WIN legacy ones?

I just re-checked all my drivers via Dell and updated two of them (NIC and Chipset). No change. Blargh.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 5:39 pm

What is your GPU driver?
Try Nvidia one instead of provided by Dell (they may be the same at the end though).

Have you also tried playing any other file- ProRes, DNxHR etc?
Last edited by Andrew Kolakowski on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Little update, after updating all my drivers just to be sure, I benchmarked the system (just windows experience) and the ratings were phenomenal. No change.

I copied the entire timeline and pasted it into a new project. No change.

I spent 3 hours generating optimized media for my entire timeline and it didn't make a single difference either!

I tried playing my clips on the Media page and they are perfect! no proxy, no nothing, they run at 60fps smoothly with no stuttering. I tried the Color page and it works great as well. In both cases I can see my system starts using the CPU and GPU and such (GPU jumped up to 15%). But then I go to the Edit page and the same clip runs at .2FPS with 1% GPU usage. WTF

Realizing this, I started an entirely new project and only imported one small clip. It still has the same problem on the Edit page. So it's not the project, not the clips, not my system...just nothing works right on the Edit screen.

Somehow this crazy performance problem is only on the Edit page? WTF Like Edit won't use my system's hardware?

I don't really know what else to try. Maybe I'll update to 15?

Thanks,
Adam

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:What is your GPU driver?
Try Nvidia one instead of provided by Dell.

I'm using Nvidia's drivers already, 23.21.13.9189 from 7/19/2018. I just updated it yesterday.

Thanks,
Adam

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 5:42 pm

At least some progress :)

In edit page next to to right corner of the player you have 3 dots. Do you ave Show all frames enabled? What about Show markers?
Also- does Resolve v14 has performance mode? I don't remember when it was introduced, but if not I think you should be better with v15.

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:What is your GPU driver?
Try Nvidia one instead of provided by Dell (they may be the same at the end though).

Have you also tried playing any other file- ProRes, DNxHR etc?

Okay, I took one clip, converted to DNxHR with ffmpeg and imported into a new project. I'd say it's slightly better but still stutters like crazy (video and audio both) with no CPU/GPU usage. Even at quarter resolution it's still not even remotely smooth (maybe 10fps even though it's showing green and 59.94 fps). Media and Color pages are perfect, 100% smooth.

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 5:57 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:At least some progress :)

In edit page next to to right corner of the player you have 3 dots. Do you ave Show all frames enabled? What about Show markers?
Also- does Resolve v14 has performance mode? I don't remember when it was introduced, but if not I think you should be better with v15.

I did NOT have Show all frames enabled. I tried enabling it, the video smoothed out a bit (and shows red, 30-40fps) but the audio is extremely stuttery (is that a word?). This is with the DNxHR clip and quarter resolution proxy. And yes, performance mode turned on (it makes no noticeable difference turned on or off).

So again, just the Edit page that basically doesn't seem to use any hardware in the system. Gonna upgrade to 15 if I can, I wasn't using it because I couldn't get it to run initially.

Oh, I don't know if it matters but I'm running Resolve in Windows 8 compatibility mode. It won't even start without it (I got this tip from another forum post).

Oh, finally, Show Markers. It was off. I turned it on for giggles, no change.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Suggest some deeper issue, probably OS related. Not sure why you need compatibility mode. Doesn't sound right.
Get v15 and hopefully it will all work fine.

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Suggest some deeper issue, probably OS related. Not sure why you need compatibility mode. Doesn't sound right.

To be fair, 14 and 15 didn't work on my old system either, that's why I used 12.5 for so long. Extremely buggy software.

Okay, I updated to 15b8. It crashes on every startup but using compatibility mode it works (have to set compatibility mode every time I run it, joyous). The video in the Edit page is great now! Nice and smooth, even with no proxy mode. I can see it using my system's resources for a change. HUGE improvement!

Now the only problem is, the audio stopped working entirely. It's acting like its muted, I can see the waveforms and the meters jumping but there's no sound. Everything else plays sound on the system so it's just resolve. Doing google research now...

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Have u selected your speaker settings in Resolve preferences?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Have u selected your speaker settings in Resolve preferences?

Yup, I tried Manual and choosing my bluetooth headset. And I also tried "use system settings". Restarted resolve between attempts, no change. I tried manually playing some of the clips outside of Resolve and they have audio so...geez. Still doing google research with no results thus far.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (17.01 KiB) Viewed 7708 times

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Hmmm should there be more listed here? I'm reaching but I have no clue why resolve won't play any audio.

Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (16.42 KiB) Viewed 7687 times

I even tried disabling all the audio but the on-board speaker and it still doesn't play anything.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 8:12 pm

DopeItUp wrote:
Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Suggest some deeper issue, probably OS related. Not sure why you need compatibility mode. Doesn't sound right.

To be fair, 14 and 15 didn't work on my old system either, that's why I used 12.5 for so long. Extremely buggy software.

Okay, I updated to 15b8. It crashes on every startup but using compatibility mode it works (have to set compatibility mode every time I run it, joyous). The video in the Edit page is great now! Nice and smooth, even with no proxy mode. I can see it using my system's resources for a change. HUGE improvement!

Now the only problem is, the audio stopped working entirely. It's acting like its muted, I can see the waveforms and the meters jumping but there's no sound. Everything else plays sound on the system so it's just resolve. Doing google research now...

Resolve clearly doesn't like your system. Never seen anyone having so many issues :D
You may be better of installing vanilla WIN and "own" drivers.

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:
DopeItUp wrote:

Resolve clearly doesn't like your system. Never seen anyone having so many issues :D
You may be better of installing vanilla WIN and "own" drivers.

Right?!

Okay, this is my final update. After playing around with it for a few more hours it seems that Resolve's bluetooth functionality has been broken at some point (maybe the newest beta?). It won't play audio over bluetooth no matter what. I grabbed my neighbor's USB bluetooth device and tried it, no change. I also grabbed his bluetooth headset (different brand and model), no change. Under Preferences if I select "use system" it doesn't work, if I set it up manually I can see the bluetooth devices, I can see the bluetooth under left and right output but picking them does nothing.

However, if I connect a 3.5mm cable from the workstation to the same headset it plays. Just nothing works over bluetooth (despite every other program working fine over bluetooth, even tried the same clips in adobe premiere and they played fine).

Long story short, I'm gonna finish editing this huge project and probably switch to a video editing program that's not so...problematic. Sucks to have to learn a new program but this isn't the first time Resolve has given me crazy problems over the past few years, across multiple computers and versions.

Thanks so much for all the replies, I really appreciate everyone's time.

Adam

Jack Fairley

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 8:56 pm

There is no Bluetooth functionality native to Resolve, it merely accesses the audio devices available in the operating system. My guess is that your Bluetooth devices aren't configured correctly to, or can't, operate in the standard formats Resolve is expecting.

Given the level of difficulty you've had with simple functionality in Resolve, after a clean OS install, I'm putting my money on you having configured your system incorrectly.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Jack Fairley wrote:There is no Bluetooth functionality native to Resolve, it merely accesses the audio devices available in the operating system. My guess is that your Bluetooth devices aren't configured correctly to, or can't, operate in the standard formats Resolve is expecting.

Given the level of difficulty you've had with simple functionality in Resolve, after a clean OS install, I'm putting my money on you having configured your system incorrectly.

I realize there's no way to type this without sounding defensive but I'm talking several systems over several years having crazy problems/weird missing features, this is just the latest. Not to mention this latest system is literally straight out of the box, I just threw away the cardboard yesterday. And finally, I've got 20 years of professional IT experience starting from desktop support to top tier sysadmin nowadays. I'm guessing I might know how to set up a PC. I'd consider rebuilding the OS from scratch but after 3 days of lost functionality I can't afford more downtime.

Having said that, I'm not 100% sure what the source of the current bluetooth problem is, I suspect the multitude of versions I've up- and down-graded to trying to fix these issues probably did not help. Especially since it won't even run without being in compatibility mode. My home system has the same problem too funnily enough (it's Windows 8.1, not 10 like this one), which is why it's still running 12.5. Any upgraded version won't run. Needless to say, it doesn't really matter anymore since I'm over it.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 pm

There may be many reasons or just 1 driver etc issue. Not easy to say. As far as Resolve is not most stable app, there are 1000s people running it on very different machines and they don't have such a fundamental issues. There may be crash here and there, but your problems (specially with v14) are "strange" and not so obviously Resolve's fault.
If you want out of box machine which is most likely to work unfortunately this is rather going to be Mac than PC. From my small experience with Resolve it runs on Mac better than on PC (well easy to test if you have just few hardware variations).

Maybe your problem is your "special audio device".
Is your 2nd system also Dell by the chance?
Last edited by Andrew Kolakowski on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Oh and I lied about the final update. After the workaround for the audio I went back to editing my timeline and VOILA, the super slow stuttering has come back! Same as before, nothing I do helps, no GPU is being used, it just runs like I'm on an old 486.

By total luck I discovered what's causing it. In the Edit screen, If I'm zoomed out on the timeline far enough that I can see ~30 minutes of the timeline, it just stutters constantly no matter what. If I zoom in far enough that I can only see a few minutes of the timeline, the playback is perfect. It's progressive with the level of zoom, if I can see 10-15 mins of the timeline it only stutters somewhat for example.

Doesn't matter what I set the timeline to. I have it on the minimal view (no thumbnails), no waveforms, nothing. Changing those settings does nothing, only zoom level on the timeline matters. That's incredible.

Hopefully if someone ever comes across this craziness again they'll find the "solution" in this post.

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:There may be many reasons or just 1 driver etc issue. Not easy to say. As far as Resolve is not most stable app, there are 1000s people running it on very different machines and they don't have such a fundamental issues. There may be crash here and there, but your problems (specially with v14) are "strange" and not so obviously Resolve's fault.
If you want out of box machine which is most likely to work unfortunately this is rather going to be Mac than PC. From my small experience with Resolve it runs on Mac better than on PC (well easy to test if you have just few hardware variations).

Maybe your problem is your "special audio device".
Is your 2nd system also Dell by the chance?

Nah the 2nd system is an HP. And my home system is home-built. I'm not sure what you're referring to as my special audio device is, it's just bluetooth headphones like any other. And I tried different brands to boot. Agreed about the Mac though, however I'm a PC guy so I doubt I'm going to buy a Mac anytime soon, especially after the $3500 this system just cost.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 pm

Resolve is also now an audio tool and it may not like bluetooth based device. Is it decent device?
This is for sure one of the first things to eliminate.
Those sort of things are actually source of later problems. Some good, pro solution are very simple with support for only specific hardware/drivers etc and there is a reason for it. The more random things you add the more problems you will have no matter how much time you spend on debugging.
Last edited by Andrew Kolakowski on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DopeItUp

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:Resolve is also now an audio tool and it may not like bluetooth based device. Is it decent device?
This is for sure one of the first things to eliminate.
Those sort of things are actually source of later problems. Some good, pro solution and very simple with support for only specific hardware/drivers etc and there is a reason for it. The more random things you add the more problems you will have no matter how much time you spent on debugging.

That's fair, and these are not good headsets. Cheap chinese stuff from amazon, <$50. Makes sense.

Charles Bennett

PostSat Aug 11, 2018 8:47 am

Have you also made sure that your Windows audio playback is set to 48k? My off the shelf Dell 8700 has no problems running Resolve. All the footage I shoot is MP4 1080 50p, and this runs perfectly in all pages. I can also run, albeit with dropped frames, 2160 as well.
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (546.01 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

DopeItUp

PostSat Aug 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Charles Bennett wrote:Have you also made sure that your Windows audio playback is set to 48k? My off the shelf Dell 8700 has no problems running Resolve. All the footage I shoot is MP4 1080 50p, and this runs perfectly in all pages. I can also run, albeit with dropped frames, 2160 as well.

Yup, 16 bit 48khz. The built-in sound card had the option to change it but the bluetooth did not, however they were both set the same. I believe this is the same as the clips, using AAC?

Dermot Shane

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 2:01 am

my systems run audio embedded through the Decklink card's SDI, and de-embed at the monitor's lut box, i've never touched the onboard audio... maybe test with that approach?

Glenn Venghaus

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 6:28 am

Sounds absolutely like audio related to me since the early posts . Since a certain fairlight update the audio routing , if you have multiple audio devices (like bluetooth and system audio) , can be such that it uses a different device netween media and edit page . As you only have crappy devices and likely crappy drivers and you experience this between media and edit page its more then a smoking gun. Its a forest fire.
Drop the ******* audio devices and use something better and your problems will go away as the rest of your system is more then capable. Running in compatibility mode seems another red flag for problems but could even be caused by ******* audio device drivers .
Lastly the issue is less in dr15 as that has highly optimised h264 codec playback performance. (For windows i am not sure if it is only in the studio version that it reaches full potential or also in the free version)
In the mean time what could slightly lessen your pain is to disable drawing audio waveforms in the timeline (as your zooming story points to that ). It is in the timeline display settings.
As a guy with so much IT experience you should know that the crapiest device or driver in your chain will determine your overal experience no matter how good the rest is.
Beatstep & APC-40 Resolve Edition Controllers https://posttools.tachyon-consulting.com
Test Rig : 2xXeon (24c) | UNRAID KVM OSX VM's | 128GB | 5700XT | 40Gbe
Prod Rig : i9-7940X (14c) | OSX 10.15 | 64GB | 2xVega 56 | 40Gbe | Tb3 | V:Eizo | A:5.1RME

Jean Claude

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 9:28 am

DopeItUp wrote:
Jack Fairley wrote:Sounds abnormal. Can you provide a sample clip to test with?

Here's a small clip (one of hundreds): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jTsoV ... FpcwtLa8X-

Thanks!

Adam

Hello,

Can you create a project with your linked clip and share the .DRP link?
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Byron Dickens

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Bluetooth is a semi-obsolete technology and not very stable. It is okay for listening to your MP3 collection while working in the garage but absolutely sucks for anything where timing and reliability are critical.

I would stay well away from Bluetooth and use a hardwired connections with a professional or prosumer audio interface.
DR 14.3 W10 Home. Core i7 3.4 GHz. 16GB RAM. Intel HD graphics 530.

Return to DaVinci Resolve