DaVine Resolve 14 - still available?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andrew Bassett-Smith

DaVine Resolve 14 - still available?

PostMon Aug 13, 2018 12:00 am

Hi everyone
A few years ago my son and I won a Studio copy of DVR 12 with winning a film festival. We used WonderShare's Filmora quite effectively.

Downloaded the free version to check it out, however the specs of our computers was nowhere near enough to use it properly, so never activated the Studio licence key. Filmora was more than enough for our simple needs

Roll on forward, I'm working on a little project for fun - taken the karaoke version of a song, rewritten the lyrics, and will replace the video track. People will be singing the new lyrics, and will merge that with the lyric overlay. I know how to do all bar the lyrics looking good in Filmora so I came back here

Downloaded DVR15b8 and learning how to use it. Doing pretty well so far. However, I need a 3rd TextPlus effect and when doing that it seems to continually crash the program the moment I add it - file saved with the index at the correct time point - reboot machine - restart DVR, go to add the effect - crash. Repeat same thing

So would like to see if I can get the final DVR14 release - I'm not doing anything massive super special, so think it would be fine to use

Any links available - I can only find the 15Beta version :(

Return to DaVinci Resolve