BUG: Patch Replace does not transform with underlying clip

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

David Skok

BUG: Patch Replace does not transform with underlying clip

PostMon Aug 13, 2018 1:11 am

I have applied a Patch Replace to remove an unwanted person in a static video clip that I then zoom in using keyframes on the scale and X, Y location. The location of the person changes as a result of the zoo, but unfortunately the Patch Replace source and target do not move. I then tried tracking the changing position, but the tracker tracks the person accurately, but in the tracking data shows no movement as the person's location is not changing, only the Zoom and X, Y location of the clip.

The behavior that I would expect is that, like the tracker, the Patch Replace source and target would be moved and scaled along with the underlying video.

I am using:
Resolve Version 15.0.0B.081
iMac Pro with macOS 10.13.6

Thanks!

Marc Wielage

Re: BUG: Patch Replace does not transform with underlying cl

PostMon Aug 13, 2018 7:50 am

I have not tried tracking with the Patch Replacer yet, but I can report that keyframing does not work with this feature, and that's a huge problem. Basically, it stays on or off, whatever you select in the OFX Inspector controls. Usually Global Blend will do it, but they don't work in 15.0 (final non-Beta version).
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve