Audio going out of sync in preview - SOLVED

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Wojciech Zawada

Audio going out of sync in preview - SOLVED

PostTue Aug 14, 2018 8:35 pm

This is something I was struggling with in the past and now it seem to come back to bother me again. When I preview my edit in edit page my previously synced clip seems to go a bit off sync with time. This way all my cuts made to the music bit goes slightly off. Strange thing is that when I stop the preview and then play it again everything seems to be fine initially and then again the sync goes off with time.

My project contains .mov 1080p, 50fps translated to 25fps. Timeline is 25 fps and is 25 fps as well. Not sure what could be the problem
Last edited by Wojciech Zawada on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Swearinger

Re: Audio going out of sync in preview

PostThu Aug 16, 2018 5:45 pm

I'm having same problem. Mine started when I went to Resolve 15.0.0B.065. What version are you on?

Wojciech Zawada

Re: Audio going out of sync in preview - RESOLVED

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 pm

Thanks to Enrico from Black Magic this problem was solved. It turned out I had 25fps timeline and media in my project while 24 fps preview settings. After correction to 25fps preview, everything in my timeline was in perfect sync. This is totally my fault. I let default 24fps preview settings thinking it's not going to affect my workflow - just unnoticeable slower preview ... well I was totally wrong.
Thanks Enrico.

Raffaele Mariotti

Re: Audio going out of sync in preview - RESOLVED

PostSat Aug 25, 2018 10:27 am

Wojciech Zawada wrote:Thanks to Enrico from Black Magic this problem was solved. It turned out I had 25fps timeline and media in my project while 24 fps preview settings. After correction to 25fps preview, everything in my timeline was in perfect sync. This is totally my fault. I let default 24fps preview settings thinking it's not going to affect my workflow - just unnoticeable slower preview ... well I was totally wrong.
Thanks Enrico.

how did you contact them directly about this?
I need help as well

Return to DaVinci Resolve