Modified Files no longer update in Resolve 15

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael McCaffrey

Modified Files no longer update in Resolve 15

PostWed Aug 15, 2018 4:37 pm

In the early beta versions of Resolve 15, when I changed a video clip, an image sequence or a still image outside of Resolve, then multi-tasked back into Resolve, the clip or images would update within a few seconds and that was GREAT! However, since about beta 5, when I change a video clip (such as re-rendering an updated image sequence in Resolve) and then overwrite the .mov file used in the sequence, it does not update. I have to delete the clip from the sequence, then delete it from the media pool, then re-import it and re-edit the clip back in to get it to update. This is a major pain! Especially now that this is the new norm. Likewise, when I have an image in my sequence, and I edit it in Photoshop, and then overwrite the same file thats in the sequence, when I go back to Resolve, it is still the old image! And once again, I have to delete the image, remove it from the media pool, re-import it, and re-edit it back into my sequence and re-add any zoom settings etc. Why did things retrograde in this manner? It was SO much better in the earlier beta versions when Resolve updated the files instantly without having to re-import them. Please bring this capability back! PLEASE!
Configuration:
Resolve Studio (Always the Latest)
Windows 11 Pro Workstation
32 Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 256GB RAM
RTX 4090
RTX 3090
100G NAS
(1) 32" Ultra-Wide Display, (1) 4K 27” Display

Return to DaVinci Resolve