Resolve 14/15 crashing during use/while rendering

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

thesuperbacon

Resolve 14/15 crashing during use/while rendering

PostTue Aug 21, 2018 8:08 am

I posted a few weeks back about a rendering crash I was having. Turns out I'm crashing regularly both during normal use and while rendering.

During normal use
Often while doing a discrete action - dragging something to timeline, hitting 'play' on the timeline, etc. However it's often a one-off: reopening the program and doing the action again causes no crash.

While rendering
Often at the very start of rendering or the very end. Persistent crashes on some files where I simply can't render it at all. I knocked one file down to 5fps render speed and it worked, but there's no way I can do that for my weekly render queue (often approx 7 hours worth of render time already).

My rig
Win 10
DaVinci Resolve 15
i7 7700
16GB DDR4 2133
Radeon HD 7950 3GB
C:/ is an SSD
Footage and project files on HDD

Screenshot of task manager during most recent rendering crash
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i4bxXDYsPEFPbmb9G2Y2MFKBCVvdXQ7C/view?usp=sharing

Log featuring most recent rendering crash
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qk-ERD03x_CIDg2Q97lr9_DD-NbwVcM3/view?usp=sharing

Does anybody have any ideas what could be the issue here?

thesuperbacon

Re: Resolve 14/15 crashing during use/while rendering

PostWed Aug 22, 2018 4:45 am

Not sure what the bump policy is here, but I thought I'd just ask again if anybody would be able to check out the log above and help me figure this out.

I've got a series that I'm supposed to be uploading near the end of the week but one of the videos is consistently crashing at 98-99% render. I've tried changing the render destination, tried turning the render speed down to 5fps, tried changing encoders, tried reducing quality from 1440p to 1080p, but no luck!

Return to DaVinci Resolve