Camera Raw settings in node?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

nerominded

Camera Raw settings in node?

PostSun Sep 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Greetings all!
I am working on a feature film shot on RED. Some scenes and even different angles of scenes need to have Camera RAW settings changed for color balance, and color science, even from shot to shot sometimes. I was wondering if there is a way to store REDRAW settings into a node, so I can apply that to a group grade instead of making a still, selecting some shots and applying to those.

Is this possible? or is it only controlled per-clip?
Thanks so much for your help!

nerominded

Re: Camera Raw settings in node?

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Bump

Mike C Bonner

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm

You can't currently apply raw settings in a node. It's like having to "develop" a raw photo in Adobe Raw before you can open it up inside Photoshop. However, if you change the settings from project level to clip, you can copy those from one clip to another. It might work with groups, I can't remember.

nerominded

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 12:38 am

Mike C Bonner wrote:You can't currently apply raw settings in a node. It's like having to "develop" a raw photo in Adobe Raw before you can open it up inside Photoshop. However, if you change the settings from project level to clip, you can copy those from one clip to another. It might work with groups, I can't remember.

Thanks man! Yeah, I have tried to copy into group and I cant seem to get it to work, but man, if this was possible, It would completely speed up my workflow...for many projects.

Hopefully they add this feature, or someone else has an idea how to do this.

Return to DaVinci Resolve