DR15 not allowing me to stretch video clips in timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Restarter

DR15 not allowing me to stretch video clips in timeline

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi there

I started editing an animated film I'm working on earlier this year using an earlier version of Davinci Resolve. I have found this software to be great and incredibly user friendly. Unfortunately the p.c. I was accessing crashed and it is only now I have access to a laptop with the right spec to download Resolve again. Unfortunately this latest version doesn't appear as user friendly. I have to admit that I am very much a novice and my approach has been through trial and error, although with the previous version I didn't have any real issues. My issue with this version is that if I import a sequence of several frames of more, when I drag it to the time frame it constitutes itself as a very slender segment. Before I could very easily control the frame rate of the sequence, then manually drag the sequence using the cursor to expand to the right duration. This newer version appears to make this quite difficult to do, with me trying changing the duration and such to alter the sequence to the speed and duration of my choosing by right clicking, but invariably the segment is framed in red rather than showing the white bar either side which would allow me to drag and extend. Does any of this make sense? I appreciate that I am writing as someone who is not proficient in the tech of this, but previously I could make it work. Could someone advise as to how I can more easily manage what I am trying to do, or would you advise that I download a previous version instead which may have the set up I am after.

Many thanks for any help with this.

Restarter

Re: DR15 not allowing me to stretch video clips in timeline

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Anyone?

Return to DaVinci Resolve