GPU failed to perform - pixel glitch

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author
Lisa Alves

GPU failed to perform - pixel glitch

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 7:37 am

Hello,

Since sunday morning I have a problem with my laptop after I used Davinci resolve 15. I was rendering my video and at 99% rendering i got an error:

The GPU failed to perform image processing because of an error.
Error code: 77.

After this error I got a pixel glitch (which moves when i move my cursor) on my screen when using davinci resolve, other video edit-programms and games like sims 4. I can't use these programs anymore because of this.

When I open my Nvidia Geforce control panel the same glitch appears in the example picture.

I already tried to fix the problem with a friend. We've troubleshooted the following:
- Nvidia 940m driver removed, installed new one
- Did a windows restore to a previous point
- Launched davinci resolve with intel GPU, this worked
- The graphic issue also occurs on other video editing software

I hope someone can help me with my problem.
Attachments
pixel glitch.JPG
pixel glitch.JPG (353.17 KiB) Viewed 718 times
nvidia geforce.JPG
nvidia geforce.JPG (152.27 KiB) Viewed 718 times

kittycatlove0

Re: GPU failed to perform - pixel glitch

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 4:00 am

I have the same problem with Nvidia Geforce as well, couldn't edit or play any games without major glitches everywhere. I believe perhaps the Nvidia just needs a update or bug fix.

The best thing to do is make the Intel GPU your default for now. This manage to fix my problem.

Return to DaVinci Resolve