Divinci issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Studio3productions

Divinci issues

PostTue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 pm

thanks for allowing me to be in the forum. I am a fairly new divinci resolve user with my ursa mini pro and using 14. i downloaded the new software to my studio Mac Pro with 20 gig of ram, 3 gig of video ram and an 8 core mid 2010 chassis. when i loaded the software and opened it up, loaded a session from my local raid drive the clips came in black and blown out white. when i load the timeline the preview windows show the right clip in color etc until i hit play and then it disappears and the video is very choppy and eratic. I cannot use it to add audio or sound effects because its jumpy. i would think 20 gig of ram and 3 gig of video would play.

Similar issue with eratic nature on my new 2016 macbook pro, it gets eratic when audio is added rendering it useless to edit with. Help if you can.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Divinci issues

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 3:56 am

What specific GPUs do you have on each system?
GPU ram?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Studio3productions

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 1:54 pm

my laptop is a mac 2016 2.9 i7 with 16 gig ram. fastest and most ram they had when i ordered it.

the studio macpro tower is a mid 2010 with dual quad core processing and 20 gig of ram
the video card was upgraded for multipple monitors and has 3gig ram onboard as well

Sam Steti

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Peter, I think that " 3 gig of video ram" tells us his GPU has 3 Go memory...
And yes, it may clearly be that...
To the OP : see my sig, if your 2010 MP is well configured, everythging should be ok, but I think you should upgrade your GPU, and therefore the cuda driver and the webdriver too (if it's an nvidia one)
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Return to DaVinci Resolve