Fairlight dialog window won't open all the way?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Russ Blaise

Fairlight dialog window won't open all the way?

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 2:29 pm

When I go over to Fairlight and add an effect, I don't see the complete dialog window. You can see at the bottom left corner "Details" with the arrow. It looks like there is more settings down below, but I can't get the window to pull down anymore than it is. I could not find anything about this in the Manual.
Attachments
MbC.jpg
MbC.jpg (117.05 KiB) Viewed 850 times
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - Resolve Studio.

Brad Hurley

Re: Fairlight dialog window won't open all the way?

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Interesting -- my first thought was that it was a screen-resolution issue, but I'm seeing the same exact thing. I applied the same Audio Unit effect (that's a built-in Apple AU multiband compressor).

The workaround is to enable the Inspector (top right-hand corner of your screen in Resolve) and scroll down; you'll see all the individual controls for the compressor there. But the popup window is not scrollable and doesn't show the details when the "Details" twistie is expanded.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Russ Blaise

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this issue.Hopefully a fix will come soon. Thanks!
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - Resolve Studio.

Brad Hurley

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Maybe check with some of the built-in Fairlight effects to see if it does the same thing -- it might only be a problem with third-party plugins like the Apple AU effects.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Reynaud Venter

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 4:14 pm

This issue (dating back to the first beta of version 14) affects all AU plugins that rescale their UI.

Resolve's VST plugin window will rescale according to any adjustments to Plugin UI.

Fairlight AFX windows are fixed to the size specified by each individual plugin.

Return to DaVinci Resolve