Full Screen Preview

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author
MicahTodd

Full Screen Preview

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Hello Everyone!

First post here, and having some trouble. I have the latest update of Studio 15 (downloaded today, in fact). OS, Cards, etc. are all up to speed. I've been using Resolve for 5 years, so I don't believe I fall into the newb category, but I can't figure out for the life of me why the full screen preview appears pixelated. Frame rate, etc. is smooth as silk. I can play at 100% in the internal window, no problem. Picture is smooth as silk. It only gets pixelated in full screen. Up until this point, I've been able to preview clips at full screen with no pixilation until Resolve 15. Is this a settings issue that I have been duped on? Or is it a bug in Resolve. Maybe some of you can check it out on your end. I'm attaching a paired screenshot. Help please! Thank you!
Attachments
gm.jpg
gm.jpg (204.91 KiB) Viewed 987 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Full Screen Preview

PostThu Oct 18, 2018 1:13 am

Not seeing that here. Having some system details could be helpful.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

johndaughtridge

Re: Full Screen Preview

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Sounds like your timeline resolution or the preview window resolution aren't matching what you expect. When they scale up they lose fidelity.

Check the playback menu - look for proxy mode setting - should be Off if you want full resolution

(Forgive me if you checked this...pretty sure you know to but sometimes I forget to plug in the coffee maker before I turn it on ;))
John’s Films LLC
Austin, Texas USA

Benchmarking Davinci Resolve and more at John’s Film’s on YouTube
At Https://youtube.com/c/john’sfilms

Return to DaVinci Resolve